Svvvvitcher

thank you, i got the file. will test that next week, im not at home right now…

Perfect… we will be installing a new computer this weekend, I’ll let you kwnow the performance and issues differences in XP 64 bits.

WOW!
I truely salute tonfilms amazing patching style. This is a real pleasure to look thru!

thx zepi!
but i want to excuse, that i’m late with the update, having some personal troubles… but there will be an update soon.

hey, I just found out that you CAN make live patching with svvvvitcher, without any problems… you can save the patch, reopen it… amazing !

Hi guys, I am fairly new to VVVV but starting to get my head around it.

Svvvvitcher looks ideal for what I want to use VVVV for, but I am having a little bit of an issue with the blender.fx module - it doesnts seem to be doing anything.

Looked into the patch, and everything seems to be right, but just cant see what is wrong.

Aside from the VVVV install, is there anything else I might need to download/install to get it going?

Windows XP, btw…

is .net 2.0 installed? what graphics card do you have? does it support pixel shader 2.0?

what happens if you click on some presets in the gui window? do you have any output at all?

Ah… may have found it.

I have net 2.0, and 3.0 running, but I run a Matrox Parhelia in the computer I am running it on, which likes like it might not support pixel shader 2.0, maybe. Still looking into it.

However - what is essentially happening, is that the ‘blend’ aspect seems to be the issue.

I can use the switch to flick from one patch to another, but I just cant seem to have them ‘mix’ on top of each other?

Hey guys, I am new to this but very interested. I have downloaded the files but how am I able to achieve this

I’ve opened _root_MAIN but only able to see the _root_3Dboxes working. I’ve unzip Svvvvitcher into a folder on desktop and included the Gui2d patches into the plugin folder.

Am i missing a step?

are SlimDX and .NET 2.0 runtimes installed as stated at the downloads page?

Tonfilm, yesterday night i was playing with a way to preload geometries (in order to speed up load times) and I noticed an incremental lag in load times when you switch between presets (without my preload work).

I tested it with two presets, one loading a video, one loading a path that loads 3 different XFiles and 1 Texture (3 times each).

I switched a few times between both, and noticed that the 3d loading time was increased, and found this values:

With Preload Textures On:
1st time: 4 seconds
2nd time: 8 Seconds
3rd time: 12 seconds
4th time: 16 seconds

With Preload Textures Off:
1st time: 1 seconds
2nd time: 1 Seconds
3rd time: 2 seconds
4th time: 3 seconds

Any ideas of what can be adding this lag to the load times?

Hi there,

I’m new to vvvv. I try the svvvvitcher but I’ve got a problem that I don’t understand.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3718/screen14.jpg

So, the problem is that I have nothing in the GUI…but I’ve put the GUI folder in the vvvv’s plugin folder.

Do you know what is the problem ?

Thank you

see two posts before… are SlimDX March 2009 and .NET 2.0 runtimes installed?

Thanks tonfilm for your help, I haven’t read well before. But I think I have a new problem here, as you can see, no letter in my GUI…

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2584/screen15ug.jpg

Do you know why ?

Thanks for your help and this hard work you did on the svvvvitcher.

Regards

this looks like a problem with the Text (DX9) plugin… are you sure, that you installed SlimDX Runtime March 2009 SP1 and you are using vvvv beta 21? test if the Text plugin works by opening its help file (create the node, select it and press F1). hope that’s it…

It works !

thank you very mych. The probleme that I installed the SlimDX Runtime from August and not from March.

Regards :)

Hi Drakko,

today I’m learning so I just buy one nano Kontrol. The probleme I have is that I need to fix a problem with my nano or with svvvitcher, don’t know exactly.

Do you know if I can assign manually controller and scene to the GUI chanel and sliders ?

I don’t know why just the only fourth slider work, and I would use knobs to control patch if it could be possible.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

EDIT > kind of error with the forum date. This post have to be down the Drakko’s answer.

LeCloneur, we actually changed the code a little in orger to use two nonoKontrol´s directly (without a midi join)… during the week i will send you the version that we are using right now…

(Btw, with only one nano control is enough to us the midilearn function, and using one scene in the control for each channel)

The problem that we found with the Nano series is that they are too fragile… we damaged 2 in the las 4 gigs, before buying a Beringer BCF2000… a great surface control with motorized faders for the cost of 3 nanos.

Hi,

after trying hard to find the problem, I found that it comes from the midi mapping.

How do you make your midimap files to fit well between nano control and svvvvitcher ? Do you use a specific vvvv tools ?

Thank you

Hey, this looks like a great patch and exactly what I need.
But I can’t figure out how to get the patch to show up inside VVVV? I’ve tried putting it in the main folder, in the plugins folder, creating a new “patches” folder, everything!

A few people mentioned problems with paths, I’m guessing that’s what’s happening with me. How can I fix this?
I’m new to VVVV :(

Lookin great, keep up the good work!
Thanks!