Svvvvitcher

hello ethan, you just have to extract the zip somewhere on your hard drive and double click the _root_MAIN.v4p file.

the content of Gui2d.zip goes into the plugins folder of vvvv.

I’m getting similar problems to what lecloneur posted above. After downgrading to SlimDX March it definatly changed but it’s still not working at all. Can someone who’s running this on Windows XP please tell me what versions of .NET, vvvv, SlimDX you are using successfully?

It finally seems to be working for me with the following:

Windows XP SP3
vvvv beta 22
SlimDX August
.NET 3.0
Add-on Pack for beta 22

After I installed the add-on pack everything seemed to be working except for the text. After I upgraded SlimDX everything seems hunky-dorey still need to do some testing though…

Hola,
I’m having strange problems since beta22, everytime I try to change the preset within Svvvitcher the save dialog appears.I have all components mentioned above installed on windows xp. Anybody?

Ok, so I’ve just saved everything I was asked to and it seems to be working fine now.

My problems continue, now I’m not able to save presets in Svvvitcher under beta22. I’ve tried beta21 and it works fine (no save dialogs in the first place). Is there any workaround or should I just go on with beta21?

SvvvvitcherV1.rar (339.1 kB)

i cant save presets with patches i Did, It just ignores them.

hm… that sucks… it works for me… what operating system?

Hi there…

I have explored this patch, and it does basically the same thing that I want.

There seems to be a problem with createnode, small hang that is mentioned in other svvvitcher forum thread, when loading patches.

I don’t know how createnode node is programmed and how it interacts with vvvv. the .net IPluginHost does not implement functionality for creating nodes, or enumerating existing ones…

Perhaps there is way to load patch on separate thread, than release objects to other vvvv thread. When monitoring thread count and running svvvvither it seams there is no change in thread count, but I’m not quite sure about that.

There might be some other ways to interact with vvvv, using modules or something, but I didn’t have time to check it out.

as the gui and the gravvvv run in the same thread, there will always be a hang when loading patches. but svvvvitcher reduces the hangs significantly by preloading all textures in the patches folder. just make sure your textures are in that folder or subfolders of it…

Are you thinking about updating Svvvvitcher? For me its properly working only under beta21, but I would like to be able to use it with latest updates of vvvv.
winXP

it works for me, on beta23 with win7 x64, no troubles, i lovvvve it :)

@matka, whats not working?

Well, as I’ve mentioned above. When I start Svvvvitcher with beta 22 or 23 the vvvv save dialog appears, same thing happens if I try to change presets within GUI renderer. Actualy GUI is not operative at all. Everything appears as it should,text, sliders, etc but its impossible to play with it. With beta 21 all works fine on the same machine with same components.

I have Matkaa’s problem also. Open/save dialog is activated upon clicking presets in beta23 gui renderer_running Win7 x64.

ah, i see, that is because the patches are stored with an older vvvversion. click ‘save’, rhis will update the vvvversion information in the patches and the dialogs wont appear again…

Uh, it seems to be working now. Actually you’ll have to save everyhing (GUI, root, effects…) and your demo patches, which was a bit tricky. If you’ll try to save them within Svvvitcher, it does some stange things. So finally I’ve save them outside of Svvvvitcher and seems to work fine. Finally!!!
Thanks Tonfilm, great work

awesomeeeee!!! works great for me under win7 64 win vvvvbeta23
=) also tried to insert my patched and it works!
Great job =)

Hi,

Ive tried get the Svvvitcher to work today with various versions of VVVV.

I think its nearly there.

First up it appears that different releases of SlimDX work with different versions of VVVV/plugins/Svvvitcher, but you cant use the same version of SlimDX for relases 21,22 and 23.

To give an example SlimDX Runtime (February 2010) works with version 23 on my machine, [the TEXT EX9 help file works](the TEXT EX9 help file works) but not on previous versions of VVVV.

So it took me a while to get the GUI text to show up.

Now that it has when i open the Svvvitcher only the wire boxes appear, if i select a different patch none loads, evening esle seems to work fine.

Also after sometime the patch unfortunately crashes… Im on a very high spec’d laptop with a 1GB Nvida

Is there anything else like Svvvitcher? I really only need to mix, load and crossfade patches, as each patch would have it very unique midi controllers and bespoke sound analysis.

Many thanks for any help thrown my way

helo, it sounds like you stored svvvvitcher in a messed state, my advice would be to download svvvvitcher again and overwrite the one you are using now…
and whenever you are asked to save your patch because of a new version, klick ‘yes’, the patches are stored with beta22 an need an update.

hope that works…

Thanks for your reply Tonfilm, appreciated!

Now after uninstalling all versions of VVVV and re installing from scratch i can get the svvvvitcher working.

But still some very strange things. Firstly the crossfader was fading in reverse ie channels were swapped, this has easily been fixed by swapping a few connections in the engine.

My only last issue is that allthough the preset options saves a png file with the correct image it does not save a corresponding text file. Do you have any idea why this might be happening? I would find this option extremely handy.

Finally i would ike to ask how users use this in the real environment? I for one need to a preview so i imagine the best thing to do is add another output renderer and open it on an extended desktop?

Once again thanks,

ph