WiiMote Plugin

big confusion here,

when i opened the help file all connections getween the wiimote object and IOboxes where cut. is this a bad sign already?

could only enable the plugin after running the “smoothboard” software…connecting via the system did not work.
i am running bootcamp on a macbookpro, and i don/t get all this about bluesoleil and other bluetooth adapters - do i need them? sorry for my complete ignorance.

ok, but at least somehow i made a connection to my beloved wii, it rumbles and i get acceleration and raw forces, but NO Infrared whatsoever.
(i am trying to see candles which worked in osx…)

the wiimotePlugin.dll is from march 22, 2010 (addonpack)
(when i tried to use the wiimote_beta23.zip it did not show up at all…whatever this means)

hope someone can show me the exit of the tunnel…
tak

maybe try replacing the plugin in vvvv’s plugin folder.

hey there,

i have a problem with the plugin.

After some bluetooth problems i finally managed to use multiple wiimotes.
My new problem: it seems like i can only get the information of the first 2 recognized IRpoints. I tried to set the IRMode to extended/ full, but it changes nothing.
The IR output pin only has 6 slices: 2x X,Y,Size.
How do i get the third and fourth IRpoint? The Wiimote can track 4 IR Points right?!

Thanks in advance,
dcalge

that’s correct. i’ll look into it in the course of next week.

ive found a few more issues:

when i update the LEDs, the wiimotes react very lazy (sometimes it takes 1 minute), sometimes the accelearation/pitchrollyaw/IR pins are stuck to -1/-1/-1 ; 0/0/0 and 1023/1023/15, means no data is received…?! But the Buttonpins work fine.
i downloaded the wiimotelib 1.7 (and the inlcuded testprogram) and everything works fine. so it has to be a plugin or vvvv problem. Am i doing something wrong? im confused :P

any suggestions?

thanks, dcalge

edit:
I found out i can force the LED to change by open the WiimoteNode in the Inspektor.

I took a look in the sourcecode (in the vvvv svn) and i think i found the problems:

no.1: just 2 IR outputs:

in the WiiMotePlugin.cs:

// InfraRed
int irCount = FRemote.WiimoteState.IRState.IRSensors.Length;
---->if (FIRMode == 2 && irCount>4) irCount = 4;<----
if (FIRMode == 1 && irCount>2) irCount = 2;
if (FIRMode == 0 && irCount>0) irCount = 0;

the marked condition will always be false cause there will never be a irCount > 4, cause the wiimote can only receive 4 IRPoints… the correct condition should be:
if (FIRMode == 2 && irCount>2) irCount = 4;

no.2: lazy Led updating

the lazy behaviour of the LEDs might result out of this lines:

public bool AutoEvaluate
{
//return true if this node needs to calculate every frame even if nobody asks for its output
get {return false;}
}

the node isnt calculated if no output is connected, right? so the LED input changes wont be send to the wiimote? dunno if thats correct, just a thought

maybe this will help you velcrome… ill try to compile my changes on my own, never done a vvvv-node before…

dcalge

Any news on improved motion+ performance?

@mrboni
as far as i know the underlying wiimoteLib hasnt been updated… the stable version doesnt support motion+.
So as long as velcrome wont use the beta version of the library there wont be motion+ support…

hey dcalge

i had a chance to look into it,

1. the correct lines should be

^code:
int irCount = 0;
if (FIRMode == 0) irCount = 4; // Full
if (FIRMode == 1) irCount = 4; // Extended
if (FIRMode == 2) irCount = 2; // Basic
if (FIRMode == 3) irCount = 0; // Of

FPinOutputInfraredBlobs.SliceCount = irCount;

^

I’ll check that into svn too.

1. If you just put some IOBoxes on the Output pins (or any node really), you’ll see that the LED and Rumble are changed instantly. I do not want to change the AutoEvaluate.

2. I did add MotionPlus at one point, but the beta lib from Brian was aweful and unstable. So I commented everything regarding MotionPlus to wait for a stable version. Seems like it will never come though.