WiiMote Plugin

Okay, I just found this, it says it can give the ability to allow the Wiimote to aim across multiple sensor bars. Making your range a lot wider.

http://torbensko.com/software/wii/

Any one has the energy to cook it in a plygin? would be ace!! :)

One more thing:

Another great thing for using the wiimote with vvvv would be to have a extra node (or even better integrated in the the existing Wiimote plugin) that enables autoconnecting a wiimote to the bluetooth stack by only pressing the buttons 1 and 2 of the wiimote simultaneously. GlovePie has this great functionality when using blusoleil.

My current workaround is running glovepie in background while vvvv using the wiimote plugin is running … of course not very elegant.

Perhaps anybody could think of a way to integrate this functionality into vvvv, i unfortunatly can´t. velcrome perhaps ?

Markus

2WiiMote_autoconnect.v4p (57.7 kB)

Here again the post that strangly has been overwritten by my above post from 02.07.09. The attachement to the above post was also meant for this one.

@velcrome
Checking if a certain wiimote is really connected unfortunatly is not really possible with the plugin.

The “Available Wiimotes Pin” does not change/update when a wiimote gets disconnected while patch is running. It shows all registered wiimotes no matter if connected or not. Besides this the pin uses a strange and for vvvv unusual format to show number and availability of wiimotes. If for example 4 wiimotes are connected, the pin outputs a spread with four slices and the values 0, 1, 2, 3. Tho “normal syntax” i think should be a spread with a slicecount reflecting the number and order of registered wiimotes at the bluetooth stack with the value 0 or 1 for disconnected or connected. Another strange behaviour of this pin is that it always has at least one slice with value 0 even if there is no wiimote connected, what is the same as with one wiimote that is connected.

The status pin “Working” unfortunatly also does not update when a wiimote gets disconnected while patch is running without toggling Enable.

As workaround for checking which wiimotes are connected i was trying to use the workaround in the patch attached to the above post. Patch is looking for the jittering of the force and tilt of the wiimote. If there is jitter, wiimote is connected; if there is no jitter for a certain time, wiimote is discovered as disconnected. The workaround is partly working good, if one wiimote is getting disconnected, patch is discovering this and reconnecting automaticly when wiimote is connected again. Strangly this does not work for a single wiimote if all wiimotes are disconnected. Then Wiimotes are only availiable for the plugin again when all wiimotes are again connected to blootooth.

All the mentioned findings refer to the plugin available in the addonpack for beta 20 as in the version for beta 21 force and tilt do not work properly.

Can you reproduce my findings ? Do you see a chance on working on these issues for the next release of your great wiimote plugin ? … would really be great.

thx

Markus

Hi everyone!

The connection and the patch works fine for me. I can interact with the accelerometers, lights buttons…

But i can’t get my IR LED lights working… So i can’t get the direction of the wiimote.

Is there any specific trick for that?
Is working for you guys?

Thanks a lot!
j

http://www.brianpeek.com/blog/archive/2009/07/20/wiimotelib-1-8-beta-1-posted.aspx has been incorporated into the plugin.

the bad news:

i found the support for motionplus is a buggy piece of shit so far. attempting to connect to the wiimote with motionplus activated failed on me, just as deactivating wm+ while leaving the plugin activated.
besides that, the data from the wm+ is pretty much useless. it’s raw integer values ranging from 0-16384 that need a lot more handling before pitch/jaw/roll values can be deduced. for more info see the comments at the link above.

the good news:

the IDing has been revamped. it’s HID-based now. -1 still gets you the first wiimote though.

the ir is working again, after i replaced the vector4d-pin with a vector3d-pin. dunno why.

also i added another hidden pin called enforce reset, because a lot of times neither force/tilt or ir-data was processed. this is a little bit of a hack, but it should do for now.

*velcrome
ps: since so much is awful with this release i won’t check in the code. ask me if you need it anyway.

wiimotionplus.rar (26.0 kB)

hi velcrome,
i tried the plugin, but i can’t make it work :(
i tried to enable the wiimotion+ when the plugin is enabled, and vvvv crash and the plugin don’t work until i remove the bluetooth peripheral and i readd it. then i discovered that if i enable motion+ before activating the plugin and then i activate the plugin it works (the plugin) but the wiimotion+ output rawforces pin is 0 :(
what i do wrong?

i know, the library from brian peek is very very beta. hopefully he’ll get to fix some of the issues with it.

what worked for me: connect the plain vanilla wiimote with bluetooth, enable the plugin, attach the wm+ and only then enable the motionplus option in the plugin.

good luck ;)

thx velcrome, now i’m not at home, but when i return (monday) i’ll try this tip ;)) thx

Thanks for fixing up the IR :)

nothing to do :/ i followed your instructions, and yes, i see the numbers of wiimotion+, but vvvv crashes (it is still going but a system window with the close option only, says me that vvvv crashes.).
i have no idea of why, but i use win7, could be this :(

thx for the plugin. I have the plugin running well, but I don’t understand how I can use multiple WiiMotes for input. I can controll the LEDs an Rumble, but I am missing the Input-Pins (e.g. angleXYZ).

What I want to do is using the angleXYZ values from two different Wiimotes… Is this possible?

sure. scroll down the help patch a little, there is an explanation.

you need a wiimote node for every wiimote you want to access. just set the ids of the wiimotes and you should be fine.

HELP!!!

I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve followed this thread,and downloaded the plugin. Copied it to my VVVV folder (In plugins and in the bin folder.)

The transform and ex9 nodes work (although with no pins connected in the EX9), but i can’t get the device node to appear, nor can I drag the dll into vvvv (it does nothing).

I’ve got the latest version of v4 running on vista home premium, I’ve downloaded the addon pack and tried to install .net (it gives an error message that says it’s already part of my OS).

Where have I gone wrong? I’ve come back to vvvv after a year and can’t help thinking I’m missing something stupidly obvious.

Many thanks in advance

@velcrome

Are you planning to update wiimotionplus plugin?
Now Im trying to use motionplus, but very buggy as you wrote.

i used an external library, which hasn’t been updated lately. as i understand, the raw values of the wiimotionplus are of not much help, some more math must be done to get useful data, such as pivot points of rotations and other stuff needed to neatly detect gestures.

if you really want updates, bug brian peek in his forum ;)

hello, and thank you velcrome for this great plugin.
well you might have guessed that i’m having some trouble. you’d’ve guessed right, and it concerns the wii balance board. i can successfully connect a wiimote, but when i press the button on the balance board, it only flashes the led (shows up as connected in my toshiba bt manager, just like the wiimote). has anyone got a balance board to work?
for the record, it does not show up in wiimotlib’s WiimoteTest.exe, either, so maybe it’s a problem in the library…? works fine with a wii, of course.

has anyone got a balance board to work?

success! i needed to apply a little patch to get it to work (attached - also updates the guitar extension semantics to those of the latest wiimotelib).

for others who are having trouble, a step-by-step guide:

1. press the sync button on the balance board (underneath the battery lid)
  2. connect the balance board with your bt manager
  3. enable the wiimote node
  4. make note of the “available wiimotes” output. try these values in the id input to figure out which of them is the balance board (it’ll say something like about balance board in the status when you find it)
  5. set extension input to 3
  6. enable again
  7. should work now…

WiimotePlugin_BalanceBoardPatch.patch (2.9 kB)

nice to know the balance board works. i never had the chance to test it.

i included your diff into the code, and cleaned up everything a little. until it makes its way into the plugin pack you may download the preview.

on a side node: i decided to use the (stable) version 1.7 of the c# lib. this means that there currently is no support of the motionplus in the release.
however, everything related to motionplus has been commented in the source.

wiimote_beta23.zip (18.8 kB)

does anyone get a spread of four for the balance board corners out of the plugin? i just get one value here which seems to be br corner.

thanks to phlegma for looking into the corner spread bug