Vvvv for Linux?

thanks for the update. i hope i can make it to node, i’m planning to. i’m already curious :) (hopefully not macos-only port).

as mr joreg said, be theres you squares :) vvvvery exciting news, can’t wait for node10

So one of the guys of the GULIC (Grupo Usuario Linux Canarias) has just sent me this

I can t see any renderer but still I have never seen vvvv executed in Linux at all. I asked him to try to open a renderer and see what happens…

i have had vvvv running under wine in the past, even with a successful GDI renderer, but no luck with D/EX9.

It will be interesting to see how that one progresses.

so,

node10 keynote already past now – any news about a linux or even better a mac version ;) ?!

cheers m9dfukc

well, there was actually a vvvv group propaganda video beeing shown at the keynote which adressed all matters once and for all… ^^

Is it online?..

Unfortunately it has not been posted online yet. also i may have overstated it’s importance as it adresses the matter, but probably not in the way you’d expect…

aka “don’t hold your breath”…

so i tried to get it running again under the current wine (1.3.4), but it wasn’t even possible to install .net 3.5SP1, there’s a known bug with that, so i didn’t really get very far :-(
have to try virtualbox again, waiting for a linux port will leave me old and grey i fear. :-/

very sensible use of the solution flag, phl… ;-)

more tests tonight:

On ubuntu 10.10 64bit, vvvvb24 and b24.1, I made the observation that with the Virtualbox 3.2.x series, I get very bad performance 3D-wise. this has always been the case with this series, bad Oracle :-( no idea what they broke. Haloball patch doesn’t work, Node10 patch stutters heavily, b24 opening patch (the spray thing) doesn’t work properly.

If I install Virtualbox 3.1.8 (get the package from the homepage), everything works nice and as it should, 60fps and all. :-)
So I’ll stay with 3.1.8 for my prototyping.

Don’t forget to properly install the Guest additions in Safe Mode on the windows guest if you want 3D acceleration! Pity that you can only assign max 128MB GPU RAM.

Only thing I noticed were hiccups here and there - small stutters, I’ll investigate more later if the problem becomes worse.

edited to correct version numbers

can it be accomplished? ive seen it virtualised on mac, how can we get it on linux? thnx

did you actually read my last post? there’s an explanation there (virtualbox 3.1.8)…
edited to correct version numbers

Where do you get VB 1.8 ? Or did you mean 3.1.8 ?

cough my bad, seems my mind was thinking in minor series. 3.1.8 of course. get it here http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds_3_1
sry

@Bilderbuchi
what do you mean with

quote:Bilderbuchi
Don’t forget to properly install the Guest additions in Safe Mode

why Safe Mode ?

I can t get the render ex9 to work

see Chapter 14. Known Limitations