VVVV.Audio Discussion

Yes,
i’ve tried all the dlls, the original that comes with the pack and also the debug/release versions for both x86 and x64. but no luck.
So i’ve tried (just for curiosity) the previous version and it worked.
So i went again on the vst.net site, to see what’s the difference, and in the download page i found the (very simple) solution. I don’t know how i didnt see this before, but the new version of vst.net (1.1) requires VS2012 version of the VC CRT, that means that if one dosen’t have it already installed (for example with visual studio 2012) he needs to install it:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

and, voilà, after installing the correct dependecies now it’s working.
Thanks for your support, was more simple then what i was thinking.
I suggest to put this link in the requirements, on the contribution page, so if somebody dosen’t have this can download it, also because this VS2012 version of the VC CRT is not required for the correct vvvv installation, so it’s not sure that one have it installed (like it happened here in this computer). I think windows 8 has it by default, because i’ve never needed to install it before, but here i’m on win7, and it’s the first time i’ll use this pack with this version of windows on a fresh new machine.

thanks again for help, happy it works :)

wow, nice find. noted on the download page… thanks!

thanks to you and jacobi for the great and useful piece of software ;)

Hey I am really amazed about the possibilities of VVVV.Audio in combination with vvvv interfaces.

Wanted to share this developement. Previsously I worked on a Monome host application for different VVVV based Monome Apps and external apps via OSC.
Then did an interface emulator. Now you can run a touch tablet with the audio application and an interface, and plug another monome or up to as many as you want in theory.

Using also faders and sound selection via waveform preview. application stores your sound library in texturefiles for preview using the nice wave form visualizer.

For sound in vvvv native I use a step sequencer and keyboard.
It is easy to add for example appregiators and other musical stuff in the grid style.
Nice about patching monome apps is that you can build your application graphicaly in a lowres renderer with quads and then you extract the result via pipet and feed it in the leds or emulated monome. This way you can make realy nice experimental instruments.

One thing that would be nice that I am missing a little bit is to auto expose all paratmeters of a vst automaticaly. Then I can load it dynamicaly in the interface.

But just wanted to give that feedback for me its great!

hi tekcor, that looks quite sophisticated. good to see that its in real world use.

regarding the VST params, i could think of an alternative VSTHost node which exposes all parameters on load, would that do it? i was even thinking of a texture output with the VSTs gui, so you can display it in the renderer, but then there is the question how to send the mouse/keyboard events to the VST editor…

Totaly that would be nice. Think doesnt really need to be the texture. Doesnt Its okay without keyboard and mouse interaction i guess.
Thanks.

hi,

is it possible to recieve midi signals from vst plugins?
my vsthost just give me nils on the midi pins, but beside that -
works fine.

any suggestions?

Can anyboody explain me what the +(spectral) is needed for? Without it in between my filestream and audioout I don’t get hear anything. Thanks.

@schlonzo, it should work in theory… but some specific vst plugins might not work. do which one are you using?

@systray27 it adds all incoming channels into one or more channels, exactly the same as the + (Value Spectral). similar to a master channel in an audio mixer.

but if you need it, there might be a misconfiguration of your channels. The AudioOut distributes incoming channels to the output channels of your soundcard, with the same modulo logic as spreads. so check how many channels your audio file has and how you want to distribute them to your outputs.

Hi,

i would like change my audio track parameters. I use filestream (Vaudio) and i wanted to connect it with VSTHost node because with it can make different thinks, for example change the frequency of my audio that come out from filestream. But it not worked together. So, how i can for example change the frequency of my audio sound?

Thanks

you should be a bit more specific, which vst did you use? how many channels does the audio file have?

usually vst effects have 2 input channels if you connect more channels to the input it creates as many instances of the vst plugin as it needs. if you only want one vst plugin you need to mix the audio channels together with a + (VAudio Spectral) before you put them into the vst plugin.

also the FileStream (VAudio) is buggy, if the file does not start you need to reset the node with ALT+right click.

Yes, for filestream (VAudio) works “first time” if I open directly the patch “BufferReadAndWrite” and then I realized, in other patchs, to reset it in more cases then it works. not always. Thanks for hotkey!

I use VSTHost (VAudio Source) and my audio file has 2 channels (stereo).

Here I uploaded the patch of what I was doing. This way VSTHost (VAudio Source) not recognize Filestream (VAudio) so I can not send the signal of my audio file to VSTHost (VAudio Source) and be able to work out with it effects.

Thanks a lot.

Filestream (VAudio) + VSTHost (VAudio Source).v4p (5.4 kB)

Altair 4 is a synth and can not process audio, you need a VST effect for that to work

also check this overview if you are new to the topic: vvvv.audio-node15-workshop-patches

I’ve already downloaded the files

Thanks

the FileStream (VAudio) should be fixed now, please check with the latest version: vvvv.audio-pack-alpha

Perfect!
Thanks

VAudio Version 11 can now load VSTs that have no editor and builds a generic one for them:

and one can manually expose parameters in InfoPanel with the checkboxes: