Vvvv_45beta24 bugs / questions

I made a little patch to illustrate the behavior.

Beta24TextAlign.v4p (12.1 kB)

confirmed (not with your patch)

It sort of works but strangely with multi line text. if you have to lines in multi line mode one of them align correctly.

Text (EX9) bugs fixed!

vvvv doesn’t start anymore after renaming the vvvv_beta24 to vvvv inside c:/programfiles

try:
in explorer go to your new: c:\programfiles\vvvv\ search for “.cache” and delete all directories named like that.
restart.

is there any hidin switch to revert back to old interface?
My pahcing become little bit slower on new one…

Hi guys, is there a way to switch to the old node browser
temporarly. i see that the new one has defenitly advantages,
but i am missing the old one from time to time.
in my eyes it gives a better overview by the grouping
(left side). i am still a bloody beginner, it was really
helpful for me to have the categories and the available
nodes at a glance. any way to have it back?
thanks.

the new nodebrowser has a category listing too, just doubleclick an then right click in the entry field… you can also press ctrl+n to open the nodebrowser in a new window an browse it there…

dir guest,

the old nodebrowser is gone. there is no way to switch back, but you do know that rightclicking into the nodebrowsers edit field shows up a category ordered list as before, ya?!

oh yeah, i see there are the categories.
did not know about the right click.
thanks for the quick hint

I’m also having issues importing fx files into patches, I’ve tried deleteing the cache folder in the fx’s folder (the folder is in my subs folder, in my project.) The fx inports but has no content, I have to copy and paste the content in then save it, and then often restart vvvv to get it to load correctly, but this just occured when there was a stray renderer left over from closing the patch and reopening, I’ve been getting quite a few of them, at least vvvv isn’t crashing, but the renderers that don’t close seem to be more common with this beta…

i’d rather see this endless thread closed since meanwhile we have beta24.1 out. cat if you can provide a step-by-step guide to reproduce those troubles please report them in a new thread.

@all: please only report more general >=beta24 questions here.
for beta24.1 bugs open individual threads. thx

@joreg

Sorry for late answer about mouse value changing. This problem is on my notebook without second monitor. On previous versions of vvvv this still working good but not on beta24 and beta24.1. I have Win7 32bit.

btw. About 2 monitors with different resolutions. I had pc with this configuration some time ago and I didn’t have this problem.

not related to the neww vvvv release
but for me the EdgeChain (Box2d) help.v4p
is still buggy…stuck objects!
vux? can you confirm this?thx