VL.Tilda

Oh, well. Checking it on a fresh system

Hm, that’s strange, because that dependency shouldn’t even be a problem. Anyway I’ve just fixed it.

Hm. I’ve just checked freshly pulled Tilda repo with newly installed vvvv beta 39 x64 (vl version 0959) on machine which is reeealy old and the only nuget it asked me to install was “Elementa”

@synth do you get any other errors in vl except lost dependencies?

@umanema just downloaded the repo, but did ya one better - screen recording.

If you think it might help you for the future you are free to connect via teamviewer/ other also have bunch of machines you can torture if you wish :D

Bulgaria is under lock down due to Corona virus, so plenty of time to play around as all my gear is with me.

@umanema not to be spamming but there is an interesting discovery i made by accident:
Simply opening the Main example patch the renderer node is red, and the timeline window is black, however if i start vvvv and “open in patch” the help file it shows up properly without red nodes or any error, yes i started vvvv with /showexceptions true

Yep, why not. Write me details on dn.antropov@gmail.com

Thank you so much for this tool. We used the keyframeClip function a lot for our light installation for luminale 2020. Sadly it was canceled because of corona and nobody came.
be our virtual guest

4 Likes

@ravel why not make a blog post in our gallery?

https://vvvv.org/blog/24+126+124

Wow, that’s super cool! You definitely need to post it in a gallery

bonjour,

is there a working tilda version compiled against beta40 ? i tried the github release on a couple of versions 38,39,40 with no luck. red nodes and funky behaviour.

I just tried the master branch on a fresh beta 40 last week without problems, are somE dependencies missing for you maybe?

@readme, just tried again, master branch, beta40. opening the girlpower patch and it opens VL.automata windows like crazy.

btw. is this my automataUI hijacked as vl ? nice. i wanna try. just can’t get it working here

would be nice if someone can point me to a working tilda version. i checked the automata stuff, its on ceate but get’s instantiated forever in a loop, nothing i can fix quickly it seems.

On my laptop it worked, desktop shows the same problem … I managed to get to the VL Editor window, but I can’t make it pause/stop, because the windows catch focus. I tried hammering F7/8, it worked once, but not a second time … impossible to debug.

Was able to get rid of the multiple windows by re-assigning these nodes to OpenWindow:
grafik
I “debugged” it by putting VL in pause mode (F6) and at some point saw a pink node pointing me to the SetParent node seen above. Not sure yet why the assigment of those nodes changed from VL 2019 to 2020 - not optimal :/

But when trying to load the example timeline we run into the next issue that it can’t deserialize BezierSpline<Vector2> - this issue was introduced with the switch to the new backend (VL 2020.1) and will need some more thinking.

Update: Just for completness, there’s also a null pointer when right clicking a new clip. Following if region fixed that for now:
grafik

Just fixed the serialization issue in latest beta preview. Combined with fixes mentioned in my previous post the main help patch seemed to work again for me.

2 Likes

wow. it’s alive. I was on vacation. Will check what is going on and update github repo

Hey @u7angel

I’ve updated github repo with fixes mentioned by @Elias. Now it should work with the latest beta preview (vvvv_beta_40.1-0006_preview_x64)

2 Likes

Is this suitable in any way for the gamma?