Question about exporting FFT data into a text file

Hi,

I picked up this software just a few hours ago and as such I am unable to conclude my task due to my lack of knowledge

My task is to analyze a sound file of my selection via FFT and create 3 separate text files to be read by another software after that.

I was thus able to piece together the FFT component and get it to create a constantly updating iobox or however they are called here but I cannot for the life of me get it to print/export/write a text file. I tried the writer(string) and while I was able to make it create a new text file with my name, it seems to be blank.

How can i create a text file with those values being printed on a new line each time it changes on my screen? I tried to attach the patch itself, but i’m a new user so i can’t upload, here is google drive link lmk if it works:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uedJPEGPEVBS8at_fL9-fLkgeZlnTu_8

Kind regards,

hei overlordbg,
have you check this?

1 Like

i’ve done such a tool some years ago:

also this might be interesting:

1 Like

Hey Tonfilm,

Thank you lots for you help, I wasn’t able to get the first link to work, but the second one did precisely what I was looking for, with the small exception of creating a single text file with multiple numbers per line.

Ideally, we’d need 3 or 4 different text files with a single number per line, so if you know how I can quickly modify what I already have in order to achieve that, I would be very grateful. Still, I believe it more possible to “teach” our 3rd software (3dsmax maxscript in this case) to read a line with multiple numbers.

Thank you again,

Hi there is a bass audio NRT FFT node on x86 betta, should be quite easy to work with…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.