I’m planning to release an updated version of Hap Player, with two main changes:
- (Still a bit experimental) reverse playback / improved playback speed control
- Multichannel audio support (sponsored by @idab) – easy to use home theater inside vvvv
Is anyone interested in giving it a try in prior to the release?
UPDATE - beta available!
- Reverse playback
- Smooth looping. No hiccups at the start of new loop — whether you have the start/end frames set or not!
- Better playback speed control
- Multi-channel audio support
- Async open/close (almost not affecting mainloop if number of videos is not insane)
- Improved stability and performance in some cases
- Slightly less modular design :)
All the old nodes are still there, but now have “Deprecated” suffix in their names. You need to update them from the node browser in order for the old patches to work.
New suggested nodes are HapPlayer/HapPlayerState. Async open works only there. HapAudio remains alive
- Extra output pins with some useful info
Bonus: it’s now only 16 megabytes, after I’ve made a custom tiny FFmpeg version
Please send any bug reports/usage impressions either to this topic or by e-mail
I’m really hoping to sell some licenses in order to be able to work further on this long ongoing release (and the next one which I’m already have some ideas for!)