Forum

XPath weirdness

Is anyone else experiencing weird issues with XPath? I’m experiencing this with both the new and legacy version of XPath. The weird part is that I’m using 4 xpath nodes to get different values from one XML source, and I’m only seeing the issue with one of them. I tried to copy this to an example patch, but it seems its only happening in my main patch. Basically when I open the patch, 3 of the 4 xpaths are updated as usual, and the other one is only outputting <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>, and the werider part is that it is outputting a spread of them which is the correct number of slices as there are XML nodes that I’m searching for.

I wish I had more information, I’ll keep digging around and see if I can find a way to reproduce it.

I’m using beta16, but it very well could have been existing in 15 and 15.1 as well.

Ok, I’ve just tested with beta15 and it seems to work ok.
And with beta 15.1 it does not work. (which makes sense with the xpath change).

Still trying to figure out what the heck is going on here. I have a fear that it might be another node somewhere else somehow effecting the xpath node. Every time I try to isolate the issue it starts working. It also seems to relate to the xpath node being in a subpatch, because if I alt+2 it and re-open, everything is OK.