Wishlist -Hap codec support

it is a weird coincidence that there was silence around this topic and all of a sudden there are two options that pop up. but that’s just how it is sometimes. and i wouldn’t say it is bad at all.

we’d recommend both developers to just go forward with their original plans. @lev could start a new forums thread with a title similar to ‘Funding professional HAP playback for the vvvv community’ and see how many jump on the train. meanwhile AE_HapTools could release a first limited hap player that will solve some basic needs.

time will tell what the two projects will become. all the best and thanks for getting involved!

1 Like

Here is a quick update from my side.
Since there a vvvv store now, I decided to go that way more or less (free plugin for non-commercial usage, license needed for commercial one). I’ve just started a new forum topic: Decent Hap video playback solution for vvvv [GPU video decoding]
There is already some progress with vvvv integration and some people seem to be quite interested.
You can also grab a fully workable app with Unity version of my plugin to give it a try!