Weird exception after updating VL.OpenWeather

Hey there,

This is using 2021.4.10. I’m currently updating the VL.OpenWeather nuget. Had no issue when patching but soon as I re-opened vvvv to keep working on the update, I had this exception :

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.Syntax.PredefinedTypeSyntax' to type 'Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.Syntax.NameSyntax'.

Full stack trace here. After that, vvvv stays stuck in Paused mode.

This is a super weird one because in some cases I can normally open vvvv and only get that when I open one of VL.OpenWeather’s help patches, but after a while vvvv would pause directly on startup without me doing anything. The only way to avoid that was to rollback my repo to the previous version of VL.OpenWeather.

Not sure what I have introduced there, I’m doing anything special appart from making some web requests and parsing responses.

Repro steps :

• Clone VL.OpenWeather in your --package-repositories folder
  • Rollback to commit id 306a3670e85393ef7bd1318bd20065551693cea6
  • Open vvvv with --package-repositories, open one of the help patches : no problem
  • Quit vvvv, checkout the latest commit and re-open gamma
  • Going to one of OpenWeather’s help patches should throw this exception.

It seems that this does not happen under 4.11 previews, sadly I need to update this for an ongoing project that uses 4.10. Is there a way to fix that, or at least to understand what I’ve done wrong?

Thanks in advance!

seb

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.