Vvvv / VL - Bittrex API - HTTP GET / POST / 2FA

Hi Guys,

I’ve been playing with some crypto trading simulations lately and have been using vvvv for prototyping most of the time. So far i have no problems using the old but gold HTTPGet (Network String) Nodes to recieve Public Data from Bittrex’s API.

For Example Like This: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bxvckQUycUKTaUz7oI9ll9rNUVGfDHLc
(who the fuck’s decicion was it to exclude new users from adding attachments? i mean wtf guys, don’t break my balls :P)

Now it would be time to Post back some stuff. I have some trouble configuring the Header in a way that it works with bittrex. I Have 3 problems

1. Header Format: How do i Format the Header in application/JSON Format within VL and how do i integrate the already placed (but still kind of hidden) field into the dataflow correctly.

2. Authetication: Is there a way to Hash API Keys, Secret, Nonces etc. together within VL like it is asked by bitrex: https://www.bittrex.com/Home/Api <-- Authentication
    (I’ve written a thread concerning this a while ago asking help mith HMAC 512 encryption, @joreg helped a lot)

3. Market API async/callbacks: What do i have to look out for, in case i have multiple post request at the same time?

Any help on this topic would be hyper apreciated and i think this could be the start of something nice.
If we’d had a framework with access to a cryptomarket, i am shure we have a lot of ladies and gents here, eager to compete for the best autotrader ;) VL/vvvv only of course :P

Would be cool to hear from you guys! Happy new Year!

hei vl.ad,

i guess your request is a bit too complex to give you simple hints. please try to break it down. show us a patch with your attempt so far and describe where exactly you need help.

one thing i can suggest already: use AsXElement (JSON) and then see its helppatch on how to further access the objects content (instead of manually string-splitting things)

hey joreg,

thanks for your reply! basically what i want to do is to get this:

into the header within a modified HTTPGet Node here:

i have trouble figuring out how to hash the signature, basically do the whole part programatically in vl / vvvv. not even sure if there is a way to do so…

What I am working on right now looks like this (just as a hint what i am working on):
CandleLight_00.7z (11.3 KB)

ouright, so to my understanding this would go something like this:

GetOpenOrders.zip (7.7 KB)
note: please try this only with latest alpha, since i found and fixed a little bugger while at it…

there shouldn’t be a need to modify the HTTPGet node. apikey and nonce go in as name-value-pairs added to the uri and hashing the complete uri goes via the imported hashing operation…

1 Like

Ok Man. This is genius! …and it works perfectly fine.
I guess you already know that.

Thank you so much!
I will get back to you in a while with some fine results.

Cheers!

a quick google gave me 3 c# projects that wrap the bittrex api and have recent updates, even nuget packages. might be easier to drag/drop import one of them. didn’t take a closer look so you’ll need to check which one you like the most:

1 Like

hey @tonfilm !
i will look at it when there is more time to get the learning forwarded as well.

as this is still prototyping i will use joregs contribution for testing.

thank you so much still, let’s see what comes with time.
vl.ad

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.