Vvvv & reactor

i’m building a patch that will analyze video in and send data to reactor witch will then generate some sound…
did someone try to send some data via OSC to reactor?
i manage to connect them but i don’t know how to take this data, in reactor. one more time… witch object do i use to get the data in the reactor? i see only midi in. is there some kind of object like OSC in? please help!!!

and onother one…
can i send data to more than one port?
so i can send 4 values, something like 4 chanels
how do i do this? do i use more ports or it can be done with only one port?

i hope that post is not to confusing, bad english…

vedran

halo vedran.

i dont know about the reaktor side.

to send osc from vvvv you need an OSCEncoder and a UDP (or TCP) Client that connects to the ip and given port of the pc running reaktor. you can send on severl ports by creating several UDP (or TCP) client nodes or spread their port-pins. but this depends on how many ports reaktor is listening.

on the other hand you can easily send spreads of (e.g. 4 values) with only one osc message by spreading the OSCEncoders values. again it depends on reaktor if it can receive them. which i would assume it will.

you can send on severl ports by creating several UDP (or TCP) client nodes or spread their port-pins. but this depends on how many ports reaktor is listening.

reactor is listening only one port… ver.3.2.
i manage to connect them but the problem is that i don’t know witch object, in reactor, is transmiting OSC data, there is nothing like “OSC recive” in the list…

maybe i’ll use pd instead of reactor… but only if i don’t manage to do it with reactor…grrrrrrrrrrrr i hate it now!

thnx jorg…

vedran

why you dont try to do that with midi ? use a virtual midi cable like midi yoke and in vvvv the (MidiShortOutput (Devices) )) node or the attached module. and i am sure you’ll find some midi stuff in reactor ;)

thnx TF
i made it work.
that midi yoke is vvvvery vvvvery cool piece of software… you open my eyes for new ideas!!!

vedran