Firefox handles the checks different than Chrome. Instead of communicating directly with a Google server whenever a user of the browser attempts to access pages or download files, it is checking a local copy of the blocklist first and will contact the server only if a match is found.
which somehow has changed, for vvvv is not in my blacklist (double checked, win internet options included).
About Chrome: first time I launched it and tried downloading something, it worked as expected. I then shut it down.
Then I tried a second time, after a few searches and before posting that with Ch there were no issues, and it then failed.
k, we found that google claims that the main vvvv.x86 download contains malware. consequently it seems it dooms vvvv.org alltogether. smart move.
i can only assume that they mean WinLockDLL.dll which has been reported malicious by anti-virus software in the past. i doubt that this .dll is malicious. its source can be found here: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/7392/Lock-Windows-Desktop
we’ve reported back to google where it says this may take 24h to be analysed…
Worst thing is that this is happening a couple months before Node.
Sabotage, that’s what it is - for that dll has been there for years, now: they should at least have an idea of this.
One day they wake up, and something’s wrong. Yeah, in their assorithms.
you might want to write a big red notice about this on the download page until this is sorted out.
this is however a little freaky that google can tag anything malicious without prior notice and without proper reasoning. x64 doesn’t work either