Vpm: distribute your packs with ease

One Sentence: Whats happening in your workshop?
Learn to release your pack with style via vpm, a package manager for vvvv.

What 3 tags describe your workshop?
Packs, Deploy, Automate

In which of the three categories does your workshop fall: beginner, intermediate, advanced
Intermediate (leaning towards Advanced-ish though)

How long will your workshop be?
1.5 hours is kinda minimum but might be hasty, 2 hours is relaxed, 3 hours is relaxed and super indepth

Who is the target audience of your workshop?
Pack developers for VVVV

What knowledge do you presume your participants have?
Minimal xml, minimal text-based programming experience for scripting (so minimal, language is not important)

What will attendees of your workshop learn?
During the workshop we will create a dummy pack (or attendies can use their own packs if they’d like to do so) which has dependencies, different libraries for x86 and x64, different editions based on licensing or user choices during installation all via scripting. We will also have a look on publishing options (vpm links on vvvv.org contribs for example).

What technical requirements does your workshop have (apart from internet and a projector)?
Attendees can use any kind of laptop, netbook or cheap chinese windows tablet they desire

Who would be the two hosts?
StiX (Boris Vitázek)
me (microdee)

How would the hosts qualify for the topic? (Describe and add links to portfolio website, github, vimeo,… accounts)
Boris will watch audience reaction and poke me if I’m too fast or too complicated, and I wrote vpm :P

7 Likes