VL.HapPlayer Export Error

Hello, I encountered the following export error with the nuget package VL.HapPlayer
I got the same error when I exported my own patch as well as the package’s own example

************** Exception Text **************
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL ‘DemolitionMediaVVVVNative’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at DemolitionStudios.DemolitionMedia.NativeDll.Initialize()
at VL.HapPlayer.HapPlayer…ctor(NodeContext nodeContext)
at vl_happlayer.HapPlayer.HapPlayer_C.Create(NodeContext Node_Context_In)
at DebugExportHapPlayer.Main.DebugExportHapPlayerApplication_HDvMMCjk4GkPuHnLSfP3mo.Create(NodeContext Node_Context)
at VL.App.AppHost.d__6.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at VL.App.WindowsForms.WindowsFormsAppHost.<Application_Idle>d__2.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

hey neuston, this is most likely due to the fact that the hap nuget is not packed correctly. ie you’ll have to wait for an update to the pack.

@lev please check https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/nuget/create-packages/supporting-multiple-target-frameworks#architecture-specific-folders regarding how the native .dll needs to be place in the pack so it will be correctly picked up on export.

1 Like

Thank you @joreg and @lev
Looking forward to the update.
Just wonder, do you think I can put the missing .dll file in the exported folder?

you can try to put it next to the exe…

No, it doesn’t work, no matter which location I put the .dll file in the folder structure. I tried put DemolitionMediaVVVVNative.dll next to the exe, in lib, in lib/x64, lib/x86, lib/local, lib/roaming, etc…, but got no luck at all. Thus, I think I only can wait for the update.

thanks for the awesome information.

Hey everybody!
New package with fix will come soon, and for now you can use a quick workaround: just copy all dll’s from nugets lib/ folder into you output lib/ folder which is beside .exe file.

Hi everyone! I’ve just uploaded the new nuget with fixed paths (thanks @Rayment)

@joreg Btw (off-topic) is there a way to include VL.Audio into dependencies? It’s a prerelease and nuget is complaining about it while packing :-(
Why don’t we mark it as a stable package? I saw no problems with it

true thats unconvenient as is, but we want to give VL.Audio one more round of checkup, which may include some breaking changes, before calling it stable. this is currently scheduled for sometime after the 2021.4 release.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.