VL Graphics - Dynamic Layers

Hi Devvvvs

I know that VL graphics are coming one day, I’ve got a use case on a project at the moment that traditional vvvv isn’t very good at so I thought I’d send it to you in the hopes that your implementation of a graphics engine in VL might make this easier.

I’d love the ability to dynamically create layer>renderer>textureFX chains with a pattern in VL (or have a simple node based way to achieve this on the GPU).

The use case I have is a drawing program where I’m trying to create vector brushes. Each stroke can potentially have a different softness which I would achieve with a blur effect. The amount of softness should be unique to each brush object and hence each object should be able to ask for a separate render pass with its own blur settings (or its own chain of raster effects/lighting settings/shader settings etc…).

But no rush, just some food for thought when you consider implementation of drawing in VL.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.