VL Console

Hi,

Can I use TTY renderer via VL? Or maybe there is an alternative way to see something sent from VL?

no but can you elaborate on this? the “normal” way of moving data from vl to vvvv would be via an output pin. then you can write to tty from vvvv.

I understand that I can send with the output pin. Actually, I think about sending information between frames for debug

hm…i don’t understand what you mean with “between frames”…

Maybe I understand concepts badly, but I want to try different asynchrounos things and want to watch how it’s works

ok, now i understand. indeed we don’t have a built in way yet, but since in VL you can access any functionality from .net directly you can use System.Diagnostics.Debug and one of its Write functions to write to the system global DebugView.

so in a vl document reference the mentioned assembly from the GAC as described here. then look for a node called WriteLine [System.Diagnostics.Debug] and use it to write to the global debug view, which you can view with the mentioned tool. tip: use the WriteLine which has Message and Category inputs so in the DebugView you can filter for the category (in case you have other mess also showing up there)

ah, and make sure to use latest alpha for that!

2 Likes

Thanks, @joreg!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.