Unable to load DLL on beta35.2, but not on beta33.7

I made ps3 eye plugin with code laboratories library and faced strange behavior.
build plugin with vvvv beta35.2 libs, but cannot use it on beta35.2 most of time, but no problem on beta33.7. (on win10 64bit)

“most of time” means plugin will crush vvvv itself or become red node, but sometimes open without any problem.

this is error message, it means failed to load external dll referenced from plugin.

00:00:12 ERR : Exception occurred during creation of plugin: The composition produced a single composition error. The root cause is provided below. Review the CompositionException.Errors property for more detailed information.

1. Unable to load DLL ‘CLEyeMulticam.dll’: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007045A)

i understand CLEyeMulticam.dll is old one and cannot get support anymore.

attached zip file contains plugin dll and CLEyeMulticam.dll. drag & drop VVVV.PS3Eye.dll to patch and select DeviceList. you can try with vvvv x86 only.

ps3test.zip (77.4 KB)

hei mino,

sorry for the late answer…anyway this looks weird. when opening the .dlls with dependencywalker they show a lot of errors. still i can confirm that it works with b33.7…so no idea really.

can you by any chance release the sources of your plugin so we can debug this?

joreg, here is src.

first guess (ignoring the fact that it works in b33.7): are you sure you’re using the correct version of the .dll with the correct version of the CLEyeCamera.cs file?

yes, there is only one version of the CLEyeMulticam.dll.

a quick check comparing only file-sizes shows that the .dll file in this nuget is different: https://www.nuget.org/packages/VVVV.CLEyeMulticam/

i didn’t use this one, but tried this one after uninstalled all CLEyeMulticam.dll and situation not changed. running well on 33.7, but not on 35.2.

[EDIT]
beta35.2 and win8 works fine. ps3eye seems too old for win10…

interesting, so that could probably be related to one of the visual-studio-redistributables. maybe b35 loads other dependencies than b33.7 and again different ones on win8, depending also on which you have installed. i’m afraid i have no idea how to debug this without spending potentially a lot of time on it…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.