Ultraleap Gemini Driver

i’m currently testing the latest Ultraleap Device and noticed the tracking performance is a lot better with the current Gemini Driver compared to the older Orion Driver.

Would it be possible to update the VL.Leap package to gemini ? I checked out the repo but since i’m not the creator of the wrapper/package, it would take me definetely longer to get this working.

ultraleap-hand-tracking_v5.17.1-2023.11.16_windows

lol, just copied the latest leapc.dll into the package and it works. that was easier than i expected. so should be easy to update the nuget to gemini

8 Likes

Nice one @u7angel

For anyone looking for the updated leapc.dll find it in the gemini tracking software installed folder at
C:\Program Files\Ultraleap\LeapSDK\lib\x64

Copy it to (your nuget folder)\VL.Devices.LeapOrion.1.2.1\runtimes\win-x64\native

2 Likes

Hello @u7angel, since big windows update 1 month ago , gemini is no more working with gamma for me. Is it possible to have a link to your driver 5.17 ? its not foundable on the leap site. thank you :)

@karistouf you can just replace the version string of the download link on their site:

https://leap2.ultraleap.com/download/software?name=tracking-software&version=5.17.1-2023.11.16&platform=windows

1 Like

thank you ! downloading, and hopping it will work…

Edit: nope:

which leap device do you use ?

@u7angel i m using an SIR170 and i have also one of the first LeapMotion.
Both are showing this tracking trouble. I have written to Leap support.
Its quite a nightmare …

EDIT: finally Leap support sended me back the 5.17 driver. It works in visualisation in their control panel, still with tracking error. I replace the dll , but Gamma and Help patch of the leap orion are not at all seeing my device as connected.

Ok, finally i have been in touch with Leap support, and a very nice developper has put himself in the .net VL leap repo. He has made slighty little modification to the LeapOrion softwrae to make it work out of the box with the 1.21 version of VL.Devices.LeapOrion.
I uninstalled Gemini and other leap tracking versions. Eesttared my two computer and installed the LeapOrion software modified. I also cleaned the nuge repo and reinstalled it.

Here is the link to my dropbox where you can get the modified LeapOrion software :

and (if needed, but normally it works out of the box with the nugget repo LeapC.dll) the dll: Dropbox - LeapC.dll - Simplify your life

1 Like