A couple of days ago I needed to control some GDI elements in a way that produced some animation. I used LFO and WaveShapper and other animation modules, but honestly it was too difficult to do what I needed to do so I went and ported a animation extension I created and use in Actionscript (called “Tweener”) to vvvv.
It’s a different concept from LFO - it’s not meant to be used on cyclic animations, it’s just a one-shot animation trigger - but it’s exactly what I needed. And on top of it, it has a few different “easing equations” (as external modules) so I could shape my transition the way I wanted. These equations can be used separately as functions, and there’s also a TweenerSpread module.
I admit I’m still a beginner at vvvv, so I might be missing something. But it was pretty helpful on my case so I’d gladly hear what other people think about it.
i almost never saw such clean and structured patching from somebody who claims himself to be a beginner.
furtherhin i believe that there are not more than 20 users who are able to use CreateEnum (Enumerations) in a correct way…
a big thumb up!
what makes me fear a little bit is to use a module which loads more than 40 subpatches…
Upload -> yeah, I uploaded it on google code because it’s the website used for the main extension; the vvvv one is an “alternative” version available in the same place. It even helps call people’s attention to vvvv, I think. I admit it’s not the best for vvvv users, but as soon as I reach a “final” version I’ll make a direct download link and list it on vvvv’s user modules page instead.
Expr -> also yeah, I used it on some of the more complex equations. To be honest, I wanted all patches to be separated, so one could use whichever equation he wanted “standalone”. However, I also do admit this decision seems to be a bit flaky in the long run… it’s only at the end of the development (when I already had all equations working) that I started getting some odd performance after repeated uses and editions and it all became a bit odd. I’d still need some trickery for all equations to represented by single expressions - some of them have a few conditionals - but I have to agree that having a single patch (EasyAny in this case) is probably the best idea.
I’ll review those decisions prior to the next (final) version. Thank you.