Hello my dear shader friends,
i recently came up with the idea of a queue (texture) completely done by a shader.
in theory, this could work like that:
- First, we create a volume texture with a defined depth (= Frame Count)
- every frame, each slice of this volume-texture slides one position “down”. the first slice 0 becomes empty
- the first slice gets filled with a Texture2D
what i don’t know:
- what is the most appropriate way to start?
- should this be a TFX? Or a Shader > Renderer (DX11 Volume)?
what do you think? Any more or better ideas?