Tags and strings

I’m manipulating strings deeper for the first time, and i must admit i need some help.

I want to build a patch that will take a directory of mp3 files as an input and i’d like to read mp3’s tags in order to output artits names only once per name and their occurences number.

So far i find the countoccurence modules from woei (which is great) for finding occurences but seems to be stuck with some encoding issue (as far as i understood). It work only if there isn’t some special encoding caracter like ÿþ for me.

So maybe there’s another way to do that within vvvv. But i can’t really figure it out. Actually i have no idea at all how to output each differents strings of a spreads only once.

Cheers and thanks.
|ana|

Hum the problem with encoding seems to be related to a tagging software i used for some files,not a vvvv issue(the output of mp3uparser contain a lot of #32 # #).

So the main answer remaining: how can i if i have a spread like

afx
afx
afx
boc
boc

output only that

afx
boc.

Thx,
|ana|

my module “Clean (String Spreads)” does exactly this.
kalle.Modules.String + helpfile

but you should have it already…

@kalle: thx i’ll have a look, but actually i’m working with vvvv “vanilla”, and i add modules each time i need them.

Like that i actually know which modules does exactly do.
It’s just a better way for me to learn.

|ana|

hey olivier,

you are totally right with your “vanilla” statement.

for sure it is difficult, to get known to all modules i provided you in that café in bordeaux…

another issue is that porting projects is lots easier if modules in the xml (.v4p) are not referenced to the “:MODULES:”-location.
see this thread when you want to know what i mean…

annotation vvvvor the rest of you:
i copied my whole vvvvfolder to |ana|s usb-stick with all modules and shaders i have.
and i claim to be almost complete with e v e r y t h i n g ever posted here and the old vvvvorums
if somebody is interested to have this or that: contact me.

click those thumbnails below to see screenshots of
my modules folder and its subfolder “kalle”

https://vvvv.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/large/images/modules.png https://vvvv.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/large/images/kallemodules.png