Subpatches are driving me crazy

Today I arranged a huge patch for sound-processing into some subpatches and sub-subpatches. Everything worked fine, it was quite easy. But when I closed vvvv and re-opened it -> no sound. I searched for the problem for hours but didn’t find anything that could cause the problem. Then I discovered a behaviour that might bei helpful: When I delete a subpatch-node in the main patch and recreate and connect it again, it’s working. All inputs, data, everything is exactly the same when opening the patch. But it doesn’t work until deleting and recreating it. What is the reason for this? By the way, I stored the subpatches in the modules-folder, so they appear in the alphabetical list. Therefore, the sup-patches aren’t opened when opening the main-patch as they would, if I’d dragged the files into the main-patch.

Hopefully this isn’t too confusing, but my brain is slushy after this horrible evening.

Regards
Peter

When I delete a subpatch-node in the main patch and recreate
and connect it again, it’s working. All inputs, data,
everything is exactly the same when opening the patch.
But it doesn’t work until deleting and recreating it.

Do your subpatches have all the in/output pins still connected on opening?

Do you have any ‘feedback’ loops (framedelay), because otherwise you could get in an ‘default’ empy-spread (NILL), hoover above some pins and see if you find the Nill symbol. If you have that you should insert an Onopen-Switch combo, with some default value. So you set your patch to an default on opening.

Hope it helps (a bit).

Don’t get the second part off your question.