Forum

Splinebuffered no ColorBuffer

Hey there,

i am fiddling around with the SplineBuffered Node and i found that there is no way to color each spreaded spline differently.

The only way this is working is when i spread the splines via the transformPin in the phongdirectional node. The problem is that every Spline is the same when i do it that way. But i want them to be different from each other.

Is there a way to get them colored differently and also keeping the possibility of different coordinates for each spline?

Heres the vvvv patch:
Spliner.v4p (24.1 KB)

And the VLpatch:
VVVV.Value.Template.vl (35.9 KB)

greetings knoeterich

You can do a couple of things
-use a ‘buffered’ shader and you can send a spread of colors through dynamic buffer(color)
-The spline node has a texture transform pin that can take a buffer. You can use this to define color on all spline via a singe texture (or for that matter a gradient on each, whatever)

ConstantBuffered is not really working either with the ColorBuffer or the TextureArray and i think i understand why. It wants me to spread after i inserted all the coordinates in the SplineBuffered but that leaves me with only one kind of shaped spline.

Fun thing i mentioned is that the ColorBuffer takes the last color of the ColorSpread.

So i think the solution is in using the TextureTransformBuffer of the SplineBuffered to insert the colors.
But using the DynamicBufferColor for isnt doing anything.
How can i use that buffer to define the color on all splines?

@knoeterich
Use the IID buffer that the spline node provides. From your picture you are basically telling the drawing shader to instance the entire group of splines repeatedly

aaaaawwww!!!
Sometimes i am very blind ;)

Thanks so much for the help!!!