co-host of our workshop at node15 was try to create sphero plugin, but he couldn’t.
i researched a lot about sphero developer information these days and find out vvvv plugin could be possible, but don’t have much time about it right now.
first, there is no .NET SDK. they have UWP SDK(https://github.com/orbotix/Sphero-Win-SDK) and example which can control sphero by C# but not desktop app. i tried access UWP API from desktop app, but stack on add manifest for access bluetooth device.
i confirmed paring sphero to windows 10 with bluetooth and appear as serialport to communicate through rs232 node.
so there are some possibilities to control sphero from vvvv.
- vvvv plugin with UWP API from desktop app.
- plugin or module send/receive raw message same as node.js one.
- create UWP app to bridge vvvv and sphero via osc or any protocol on desktop.
- create node.js app and use node.js contribution to access it
- create iOS/Android app with sphero mobile sdk and communicate via osc.
unfortunately i’m busy so cannot try all.