Some Nvidia RTX 3070 Laptops Available in Europe

Laptops with the new Nvidia 30 series are very hard to get and even harder for a reasonable price. But this shop in the Netherlands has a few in Stock (starting 1699,- €). I’ve just ordered one, in case you are looking for one too:

TongFang GM5MG7Y - 15.6" QHD IPS 165Hz - nVidia RTX 3070 - i7 10875H - Magnesium Alloy chassis

It’s basically an upgraded model of this (webcam now above the screen), which has arguably the best size to performance ratio at the moment: Eluktronics MAX-15 Review - The Lightest RTX 2070 Laptop?

but if your laptop doesn’t fall apart like mine and you can wait > half a year, I’d go for one with intel 11th gen. After some research, I wouldn’t recommend the new AMD chips because they only have 8 PCI-E lanes to the GPU which seems to limit the amount of data you can shovel to the GPU per frame.

if you’re happy with the RTX 2070 model, you can get it very cheap (starting 1249,- €) from them as well, sounds like a steal:
TongFang GM5MP7Y - 15.6" QHD IPS 165Hz - nVidia RTX 2070 REFRESH - i7 10875H - Magnesium Alloy chassis

2 Likes

I take that partly back, the shop just sent me an email and said that they now have the same model available with AMD Ryzen 5900HX and asked me whether I want to upgrade:

since it is a CPU with 7nm manufacturing process, it means better performance per wattage and less heat. also, the benchmarks of the Ryzen 5000 series look stunning.

this seems to be more important than the PCIe bandwith, which is theoretically 15,754 GByte/s for AMD and 31,508 GByte/s for Intel. there are of course more differences to consider, about instruction sets and so on. but we’ll see…

If you want one, you should be quick, they are only listed since yesterday and might sell out quickly.

they also have the bigger chassis with RTX 3080 available, if you dont care so much about form factor and want maximum performance:
https://laptopparts4less.frl/15.6inch-laptop-samenstellen/TongFang-GM5ZG8W-laptop-samenstellen/TongFang-GM5ZG8W-RTX-3080-AMD-5900HX-game-laptop-samenstellen

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.