Snappy compression

Hmm, don’t see any Dispose members on ImageData:

Dispose [IDisposable] should be connectable. But also be aware of ToArray - it allocates new memory. So if you call this every frame and your images are rather large (which they usually are) you’ll see hiccups again as large arrays are allocated on the large object heap causing expensive Gen2 collections. So better approach is probably to use one array, resize it and copy into it.

For anyone wondering what the final solution was, here it is:

Thanks @tonfilm and @Elias for the tech support and of course @catweasel for the original patch ^^

(talk about realtime online support!)

3 Likes

KinectDepthToSnappy4.vl (79.6 KB)
Just trying to get this patch running again, what has replaced FromMutableArray?

it seems to be called AsMemory now. This is still experimental and will probably change again… :)

Thank you!
Here is a help patch for sending depth and skeletons to a server (made in gamma 2021.3.2) for anyone who might need it.
HowTo Send Kinect Via Network.vl (85.2 KB)

3 Likes

As a follow up, regarding netMQ, I’m trying to send the data from 1 pc to another. On the sender Host should be the reciever IP?
If it is and the bind pin us enabled, the node goes pink. What is the bind pin used for, and when should it be bound?
I dont recieve any data (Host is set to the senders IP) again bind turns the node pink.
I have turned both firewalls off to test this. I often had problems like this with zeroMQ in vvvv, but could get it to work sometimes, I just can’t remember how, any suggestions?
HowTo Recieve Kinect Via Network.vl (46.2 KB)
HowTo Send Kinect Via Network2.vl (63.4 KB)

I’ll answer my question, so I’ll remember next time!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.