Simulate LED Video Wall

Hello,
i was wondering if it’s possible with vvvv to render a video stream, so it looks like it would be viewed on a video wall?
Like this plugin Led Lights for After Affects

best regards

I changed a small patch Ive made before, so its what you are looking for.
Just play around with values to see what happens.

HowPipetWorks_Circle.v4p (33.4 kB)

Hi frank,

thank you for your reply, I will try it later the day.

best regards

you also could try Halftone.fx which you can find on User Shaders by scrolling far down.

frank, your solution comes really close of what i had in mind.
But now I’ve got a problem. The resolution with 20x20px is a bit to low, I think 100x100 would be a good start. From 35x35 on, i just get lines as you said. I wanted to use your workaround, but i don’t know how to do it.

kalle, i also tried halftone but i don’t know where texture out of filetexture respectively videotexture has to be linked with

this is the first time i use vvvv so i don’t know much

without seeing the patch i guess the higher the resolution the smaller the dots have to be. or you get lines. a matter of scaling.

texture is connected to texture input of a quad, sphere, shader etc. try looking at
click me and all the other tutorials

or select a node and press F1 to see a helppatch

or make a safari in the girlpower folder. helps a lot to start with vvvv.

i found the mistake, halftone.fx had an error during compilation. therefore texture in was not showed. now it works like a charm.

hi guest,

here comes the second pipet-way by texture. Shader based halftone.fx should be fastest solution. But as always, there are different ways - each with its pros and cons.
The lines you mentioned is because graficcards are limited in its amount of drawing polygones. And a 3d circle/ball needs a lot of polygones. Check the small fill.node Ive attached to spheres…

HowPipetWorks_CircleTex.v4p (45.0 kB)

Wow, thank you for your help.

I would like to extend this with an artnet receiver, would you give me the permission to publish this some day on dmxcontrol.de? Of course credits would go to you.