Simple logic problem

I have a menu with 3 items where each of them requires 3 conditions to give output of one with AND node. For example, if the cursor is between certain x and y position and if mouse clicked. I need to carry out a string related to each menu item to the next step based on the selection. Here is where I am stuck :) I still don’t have the grip of programming ( patching ) logic in VVVV. If I simply tried to do it with if else conditions it would look like

If ( selectedMenu == 1) {
sendMessage = “bla bla”;
} else if ( selectedMenu == 2 ) {
sendMessage = “bla bla2”;
} else if ( selectedMenu == 3 ) {
sendMessage = “bla bla3”;
}

but can’t put it together with VVVV :) here is how I started the patch. I simplified it a bit.

<a class=“attachment"href=”/uploads/default/original/2X/8/8745daefac84e39eb603de204ac12ce11e847c84.v4p">menu.v4p (15.9 KB)

have a look at the patch.
menu2.v4p (20.4 KB)

1 Like

Thank you a lot, using just couple of nodes from your example was enough :) I didn’t know I can give spread to AND note as an input and then separate it using GetSlice again :) I am using my phone’s accelerometer data as a navigation so couldn’t use HitTest but simple mapping was enough for me to get the values. Thank you again!

menu3.v4p (5.2 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.