Select, Update etc. to MariaDB

Hi friends.

is there a way to get or update data from MariaDB database? Is there a VL node or do i need NuGet?
thnx

I don’t think anyone has worked with that database yet, one of many. You’ll have to get the c# Nuget I think.

There seem to be several, some which appear to be wrappers for the MariaDB driver and others that standardize MariaDB for ADO.net used in the dotnet world. There isn’t a VL-specific library for ADO stuff yet, so it might be better to look at the direct drivers for now.

@rqnet it seems like there is a nuget package

it is not so difficult to adapt the code with nuget, but there is no guarantee that it will be simple.
There is a overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U_kUQ3VDog

1 Like

Thanks for answer. i´ll try

Hi vvvvdevs, i build an database access in 2 way with https://www.nuget.org/packages/MySql.Data nuget. one shot as an C# DLL and second way i tried to build in pur VL. I think i implemented it 2 times in the same way but i got in VL an Error. I do not understand what the problem is. Do you have any idea? maybe i have some problems of thinking in VL.

the error: “You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ‘’ at line 1”

the source code:

the not working vl code:
Transaction in pur VL

the fine working dll:
Transaction with my c# DLL

Hi @rqnet, I can’t diagnose it from the screenshots. Could you post the vl file so we can see it in action?

@Hadasi thanks for answer. in the zip there you´ll find the vl file, my C# dll and the database export.
If you want to try you can import the database in xampp with phpmyadmin. Create a user test with test password for access.
as gamma dependencies you´ll need to import “mysql.data” nuget and my DLL.
If you get trouble write me.v4dbTest.zip (258.1 KB)
In the VL file the green frame works well. the red frame doesn´t work and i ask me why.
The gray frames are selects. they are working.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.