Scientific visualization: 3d georeferenced data (geographic coordinates lat/long, depht in km) + time, vector, vector directions

I would like to evaluate if I could create a scientific visualization set up in vvvv (instead of realizing it in gocad). I do not have experiences with this tool and neither very much in programming.

1. I want to represent 3D geo data (point data) from an archive. I have the geographic coordinates (lat/long) and the depth (-z) in km. The amount of visible data should be stable (about 200-400). So, can I represent georeferenced data in vvvv and how?
  2. In a second step I want to build vectors in between the 3D point data, in chronological order! So I get a graph.
  3. And next I want to create a second visualization window where I would like to join all visualized 3D vector **(directions)**now at a single origin/point. (vector rose). The vector directions should be fix and the vector size/length should be a variable (x=space distance, time period, etc,).
  4. And last I would like to add the timeline. I want to exchange data in time, keeping always a fixed amount(200-400) of data visible, beeing able to observe the change of vector/directionss of the vector rose.
  5. I want to move in the 3D space around object by mouse cursor, I would like to navigate the timeline/the change of data.

Is this all possible and how? ;)
I would appreciate some orientation about this topic, in order to be able to start, I don´t know where to get understandable information or help, so far I don´t find similar projects in the forum and girlpower. But I assume somehow that it is possible to realize my project exactly with vvvv, sueniii

yes its possible, you would be surprised.

best is you start with a way of getting your data inside vvvv in a sense full way.

So what you want to have after this first step is all dimensions of the data as separate spreads spread nodes. and if necessary additional spreads that carry information about how the data is associated can be important. for example in the case that one point in XYZ space could have data associated that goes over or under the spreadcount of the specific spread. For that you will need to work with Bin Size.

But first start simple:

Look at your Data and try to open it with Reader (string).
You have one long string at this point. Try to separate the string into it parts (slices) and rearrange the parts in spreads. for each dimension one.

I attached an example of how you would read the .txt file that you find in that example (dont forget to right click on the string IO box and select the correct .txt file from the example folder).

The attached example is a part of the Solar System project that might be a bit complicated for the beginning but it probably contains most of the information that you need for your visualization:

Use vvvv, your programming and visualization skills will thank you for it!

Data Formating.rar (5.8 kB)

thank you very much tekcor, I will have a deeper look with time at your proposal this week end, very nice to hear that it could be possible, greetings so far sueniii