Residency in Tenerife, Spain, November 2017. Open call (closed)

Hallo KEROXEN festival is looking for musicians, visualists and media artists to participate in a residency during one week between November 20 and December 16, 2017.
The residency will be hosted in Espacio Cultural El Tanque, a former oil tank renovated as exhibition hall, with 55 meters of diameter, this is a full metal building, with a peculiar sound response and stage settings, please have a look at our web page and FB page to get to know it before presenting any project.
We are looking for 2 or more people to work on a project for a week including an evening of open doors with the public and a final show.
We have a fixed budget which must include EVERYTHING, that is your cache, taxes, flights, staying, software licences , ;) etc. NO solo projects, please, we are looking for a working group of at least 2 people who may be joined by a local artist, so the final remuneration may vary between 500 and 1000 euros depending on number of participants and the extra costs.
KEROXEN is a vvvv/vl friendly festival, as some members of the vvvv community can testify (speak up guys!) and we offer a 25 meters wide, curved screen (which cover 120 degrees at about 15 meters from the centers of the building) with 4x XGA projectors to play with, already mapped with a vvvv PC with i7 and GTX1080.
That said we can tolerate other software and we also offer good weather all year round.
We’ll close the open call at the end of august.
More details as you need… here as commentaries or email to info@keroxen.com
Simone (yes I missed Node once again :(

3 Likes

deadline?

Deadline is the end of August, that is the 31th.
Something I d like to add:

• we are looking forward to any kind of performance so I ll include dancers, motion artists, jugglers, whatever
  • this is a special call for the vvvv community but the Open Call is open on other sides too so we may chose some act not coming from this specific call
    S.

Sunep would be great on this place,
btw, the screen is huge guys!! and the people is lovely.

1 Like

i’m up too ;]

Highly recommended!!! don’t be shy vvvvolks!

I can make “asado” and I have very good Spanish skills, also I was able to install vvvv and I’m very good at opening girlpower folder, I’m in!

@andresc4 not really a meat guy here but we could arrange some fresh tuna steaks.
When I say "We are looking for 2 or more people to work on a project " I mean that it is you who has to propose the projects, so the “I am in” must be accompanied by some kind of proposal/idea.
The place is huge! Think about 55 meters diameter, 20+ meters high a very unique setting.
Unfortunately due to budget limits it may be difficult to get people from outside Europe.
S.

@io I know, that’s why the whole post was kind of joke :D
living so far from Europe sucks, I know, but when I say I’m in, I mean, count on me on any collaboration project/help that I can do from here. I’m into the 3D reconstruction/pointclud things lately, I think that could be usefully for video mapping propourses.
I kind of wanna start working/collaborating on big projects to learn more about how are they made, how is teamwork on big goals , ect.
For the payment, whenever you put a foot into south America you paid the asado.

@andresc4 wow, good memory, we missed the traditioanl falafel eating at the red district once again, my fault, I ll make it up at some point ;)

I am happy to announce that one of the proposal coming from this call has been selected for the residency. @StiX will join us during the first week of december with his friend Jan and a local artist. More info to come …

And here the program of KEROXEN 2017, our festival inside a former oil tank in Santa Cruz de Tenerife

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.