Render size control

Hello everyone,
i have a question about video rendering in vvvv.
I need to record some video with custom effects i patched in vvvv. I also need the video to be at a specific size/resolution and the image to mantain a strict proportion/aspect ratio, cause then i have to import the vvvv based footage in after effects for a final postproduction and composite it with after effects based material. While recording with nrt texture writer i can control the output resolution through render module set up. But…The whole frame aspect ratio and the image height/width proportion are unavoidably affected by render windows manual resize (if windowed) or by monitor aspect ratio (if fullscreen). So i have no idea how to surely reach perfect pixel matching of the same image processed in after effects and in vvvv.
So far, the one solution i can see is not tu use the whole render window (eg black frame around the image in fullscreen mode)projecting on a quad wohse size i control vis transform scale node… But even so i’m not sure i can avoid distortion and also i would need to scale again the frame once imported in after effects project.
Any advice?
tnx
s

ok got at least part of the answer: (was not that esotheric actually) using aspect ratio+desired resolution on render node does the job. But adding a camera brings troubles back cause then i can’t manage to automatically ( i mean avoiding any pixel to fall off the render frame) let the image/quad fit the whole render window…

doesn’t setting the backbuffer width and height in the renderer node give you what ever size you need?

While recording with nrt texture writer i can control the output resolution through backbuffer width and height in the renderer node.

But…

The whole frame aspect ratio and the image height/width proportion are unavoidably affected by manual resize of render window(if windowed) or by monitor size (if fullscreen).

if you don’t set the requested aspect ratio (via aspect ratio node) you end up with a frame that has the right resolution but with white stripes above and below and stretched image.

Now, assumed that there is a right way, I’d like to get some advice about how to combine camera and aspect ratio to avoid any pixels to fall off render window frame.

tnx
sa