Project won't start with latest stable on an AWS machine

good day,

I have a project running on an AWS machine that was working totally fine with 2021.4.6 previews, but fails to open every times with the stable.

The exception is always the same :

Argument 1: cannot convert from 'out T3' to 'out System.IObservable<T>
Full error
VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.EmitException: D:\xxx\Engine.vl.cs(2923,22): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from 'out T3' to 'out System.IObservable<T>'
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<>c__DisplayClass45_0.<Emit>g__EmitRelease|1()
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.Emit(IProjectSymbol project, CSharpCompilation compilation, Boolean isDebug, Boolean includeSource, CancellationToken token)
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<InitializeAsync>g__Build|2(ProjectBuildRequest projectBuildRequest)
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<InitializeAsync>g__BuildOrLoad|1(ProjectBuildRequest buildRequest)
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<>c__DisplayClass2_1.<<InitializeAsync>b__5>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<InitializeAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<CreateAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<WithCompilationAsync>d__41.MoveNext()
   at VL.Lang.Platforms.Roslyn.TargetCompilation.<VL-Lang-Symbols-ITargetCompilation-WithCompilationAsync>d__42.MoveNext()
   at VL.Model.VLSession.<CreateTargetCompilationAsync>d__168.MoveNext()
   at VL.Model.VLSession.<UpdateRuntimesAsync>d__167.MoveNext()
   at VL.Model.VLSession.<UpdateCompilationAsync>d__190.MoveNext()
   at VL.Model.VLSession.<UpdateCompilationAsync>d__190.MoveNext()
   at VL.Model.VLSession.<UpdateCompilationAsync>d__187.MoveNext()
   at VL.Model.VLSession.<UpdateAsync>d__183.MoveNext()
   at VL.Model.VLSession.<LoadDocuments>d__155.MoveNext()
   at VL.UI.Forms.VLContext.<InitializeAsync>d__11.MoveNext()
   at VL.UI.Forms.VLContext.<<OnOpen>b__10_0>d.MoveNext()

The same patch opens just fine with preview 834 on the VM.
On my local dev machine, it works just fine with the stable version.

Any hints?

Thanks!

seb

Not sure if it is really related but I think I experienced something similar. Working on the patch on one machine then moving to another I had exceptions at startup. I ended up deleting all (hidden) .vl folders and it started working again. Don’t know why and maybe it was just a coincidence. It was late and I didn’t have the leisure to investigate further. Unfortunately I didn’t save the exception log.

Have you tried starting vvvv first and then opening the patch (with vvvv stopped)?

Thanks for the suggestion @bjoern, that actually helped.

The project is started with a bat file, so I did not even had a chance to see the patch editor (the exception was thrown before it could open).

When opening the editor and then opening the VL file, it turns out it was just a missing nuget :-(

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.