Problems with dx11.particles

So I am relatively new using vvvv and a new user in this forum and wanted to start using the dx11 particles.

I started watching this workshop:

Around 19:20 we see the box in the renderer and i tried to reproduce this without having the workshop files and without the interactive stuff with the mouse at first. I wanted to have the particles at first appear in the origin but they didn’t show up.
I made a screenshot so maybe you can understand what i did and maybe see what my problem was:

I also used the box with a normal constant to make sure there’s no mistake after the constant and to make sure that the box particles wouldn’t appear too small to be seen or in a different location etc.

I hope you can help me and I’m sorry if this is a dumb request, as I am not as experienced with vvvv.

I’d guess that you need another DynamicBuffer connected to the Emitter to set the particles’ lifetime.

I had done that too, but it didn’t change anything. The guy in the video also didn’t have anything connected to them so I thought that’s not the problem.
Any other ideas?

Uploading your patch will speed things up :)

Here is a wetransfer link to my patch:

Unfortunately new users cannot upload attachments but I hope that’s ok too.

Thanks for your answers

So I tried to do it on another computer and I’m not quite sure what the problem exactly was but on the other one the exact same setup works fine

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.