Problem with vvvv_50beta35.2_x64

I’ve unziped vvvv50beta-35.2 and addons, but when I open setup i see this red box and i dont know what to do. I’m using windows8.1 64bit - please help me to solve this problem - tnx

how did you unzip? did you use 7zip as recommended here: Installation | vvvv

also note the you did not unzip the addonpack correctly as we can see from your screenshot, also see the page linked above for details.

hm…the red box with the checkbox does not make much sense. if you ignore it and try to run vvvv.exe, does that work?

1 Like

Yes dear I used same 7zip . i tried vvvv.exe but it doesn’t work

and unchecking/rechecking the box next to the red quad doesn’t help i assume.

what it means is that this component cannot be installed. i can think of two reasons for this:

• you don’t have admin rights: should not be the case because otherwise setup.exe wouldn’t even start
  • the component is missing a dependency: which it shouldn’t on a win8.1 system when all other quads are green.

so i’m afraid i’m a bit out of ideas here…do you have a chance to try on a different PC?

1 Like

tnx my friend to help me
seems no other way as you said .looks I need to try it on different pc, but another pc is weaker than this one

still does not work

you have the same problem on a different PC?

hi dear- different pc is weaker and even can not update

Does anyone solve this problem with AddFlow active-x?

do I neeed to register or install the addflow active-x ?

i’d consider reinstalling windows - looks like your computer has a general problem

1 Like

that is exactly what setting the checkbox does: it registers addflow and obviously fails doing so.

what you can do:

• download dependency walker: http://dependencywalker.com/
  • open lib\thirdparty\x64\AddFlow5.ocx with the dependency walker
  • i assume you’ll see errors there, pointing at a missing dependency
  • post a screenshot of what you get
1 Like

tnx friend again
I found the problem!
one of my subfolders has the name as non english(it was named as my local language) when i changed the name the problem solved!
regards my friend

ah…good to hear. thanks for letting us know the solution!

1 Like

your last guiding was the way to this solution

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.