jesus, this point grey driver stuff really brings me some grey hair…
I’m taking some notes about this here, as it will come up on other fellow patchers workbenches.
I’ve tried the following on both:
- Windows XP 32 bit
- Windows 7 64 bit
Source: Point Grey Knowledge Base
This article explains why Point Grey imaging cameras sometimes do not work as expected with DirectShow applications, and how to fix this issue.
APPLICABLE PRODUCTS :
All Imaging Products •
Sometimes when installing or upgrading the FlyCapture SDK, the DLL files that enable the camera driver to work with DirectShow interfaces are not registered to the Windows Registry. As a result, DirectShow applications do not work with the camera. When this happens, you must register the DLLs manually.
Note: On 64-bit systems, the 32-bit version of the FlyCapture SDK must be installed in order to run 32-bit DirectShow applications. However,when installing the 32-bit FlyCapture SDK on Win64, the 32-bit DirectShow DLLs are not automaticallly registered. In this case, the required 32-bit DLLs must also be registered manually.
To register DirectShow DLLs manually:
- Open the Windows Command Prompt utility
- Navigate to the \bin folder in the FlyCapture directory.
* For FlyCapture 1.x installations, the default path is C:\Program Files\Point Grey Research\PGR FlyCapture\bin
* For FlyCapture 2.x installations, the default path is C:\Program Files\Point Grey Research\FlyCapture2\bin
- Execute the following commands:
Note: If this procedure results in error 0x80004005, run the Command Prompt utility under elevated privileges. To do this, right click on the Command Prompt shortcut icon and select Run as…Administrator.