Player (EX9.Texture) doesn't work with files created with Ati compressonator

See: texture-converter

The Compressonator

Any chance to make it work (soon)?

noticed the same… all black? i agree, that it would be cool to have it working, as the ATI tool converts super fast.

no all white.

TTY shows the following error:

00:17:02 ERR : SharpDX.SharpDXException in SharpDX: HRESULT: [0x88982F50](0x88982F50), Module: [Unknown](Unknown), ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown](Unknown/Unknown), Message: Unknown

Stacktrace:
   at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
   at SharpDX.WIC.ImagingFactory.CreateDecoderFromStream_(IntPtr streamRef, Nullable`1 guidVendorRef, DecodeOptions metadataOptions, BitmapDecoder decoderOut)
   at VVVV.Nodes.ImagePlayer.FrameDecoder.BitmapFrameDecoder..ctor(Func`7 textureFactory, MemoryPool memoryPool, Stream stream)
   at VVVV.Nodes.ImagePlayer.FrameDecoder.Create(String filename, Func`7 textureFactory, MemoryPool memoryPool, Stream stream)
   at VVVV.Nodes.ImagePlayer.ImagePlayer.PreloadFrame(Tuple`2 tuple)

attached some testfiles.

DDS_Atid3Dc_DXT1.7z (2.1 MB)
DDS_D3D10_BC1.7z (2.1 MB)
DDS_RGB888_noMips.7z (10.7 MB)

that’s a little embarrassing for me to admit, but rename the files from *.DDS to *.dds and at least the Ati3Dc_DXT1 and RGB888_noMips directories get loaded correctly :/
will be fixed in next alpha.

also note that the overall playback performance of dds files is not that good, because of a little glitch in sharpdx - see my pull request for details. you can download the sharpdx 2.5.0 development release from sharpdx.org and overwrite the SharpDX*.dll files in your lib/nodes/plugins folder to work around that issue until next offical vvvv release.

There are different versions of those files in different folders, which ones should be used?

• DirectX11_1-net40
  • DirectX11_1-Signed-net40
  • DirectX11-net40
  • DirectX11-Signed-net40

DirectX11-net40

thanks… no text …