ParseJSON - "JSON root object has multiple properties. The root object must have a single property..."

Hey all! New to VVVV and I love it so far but i’m having one issue -

I have a JSON string that’s being sent from a websocket server (via websocketclient), going to a stringreceiver. I am trying to parse specific values from this JSON, but because there are two root values, it’s giving me the following error:

"JSON root object has multiple properties. The root object must have a single property in order to create a valid XML document.l Consider specifying a “DeserializeeRootElementName.Path ‘data’, line 1, position 24”

Here’s the JSON string:

{“id”:4294967295,“data”:{“Patch”:[{“op”:“replace”,“path”:"/mixers/S210303257CQK/levels/volumes/Mic",“value”:255}]}}

I don’t quite understand how to fix this - I’ve been banging my head against this for a little bit with no luck. Any help is appreciated!

are you sure the json sample you provided is correct? for me this gives a different error. ideally please provide a patch that shows the problem, where you hardcode a json string instead of receiving it via websocket.

Looks like the json string is missing a root element.
For a workaround check @Hadasi’s post here:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.