Noob-video control

hi, coming overto vvvv from PD. I am used to videos sending a signal at the last frame that i can use to send the video back to frame 1. I don’t uinderstand from the FileStream node how to send the video to a particular fram automaticaly. Any ideas. Thank you

Here is an example of how you would scrub a video in filestream look at this example

Also look here for how to loop a video

hope this helps

aahhh!

i had tried out do seek but couldn’t get it to work. the scrub patch shows the do seek set to 1, which looks to be on for manual control. What I am ending up doing is intially set the Do Seek pin to one, with the Seek Position pin set to 0.0s. Then when I change the Do Seek Pin to zero the video moves to the Seek Position and begins playing(because the Play pin is set to 1). I will be using netsend from PD to change to values.

One last thing. What node is being used to scrub the video-the slider thing. Thanks

use IOBox (Value Advance) to make simple gui elemets (create with double right click)… see patch for some examples:

StarringIOBox.v4p (22.8 kB)

One last thing. What node is being used to scrub the video-the slider thing.

this is a regular IO box value node. Use the inspector (CTRL I) to change it into a slider. Make sure to set the min and max setting to coressopond to the duration of your video.

OK!!

Thanks for that!