New Typewriter

hola,

latest alphas contain a new Typewriter (String) (in the addonpack) that was based on @bo27))'s version as posted here: ((forum:typewriter

please give it a testrun and report problems you find.

note that you can use cursor-keys to navigate in the typed text. also ctrl+left and ctrl+right work as expected…

When in the help patch, I Have quickly seen these issues:

I often write the same letter twice when using capital letters. eg. Wworld

I sometimes get special characters shown by a little rectangle in the text, like the character does not exist. this seem to happen mostly when I delete using back space.

I am on a danish keyboard

-sunep

ai sune, i can confirm the “Wworld” problem…working on that…
also i have seen the other problem you mention with symbols appearing when pressing backspace, but i cannot reproduce it. please let me know if you have a way to do so…

“Wworld” problem fixed in latest alpha.

Cool, I will try to see if I can reproduce the strange character problem so it can be repeated

Some more observations:

sometimes I need to use backspace twice to get it to delete.

the autorepeat keystroke function is quite aggressive, I feel I don’t need to hold down a key for very long before it activates and then it repeats itself incredibly fast.

it seems like the cursor is one space after the last letter.

almost consistently generate a strange character:

you need to be really fast to do this. press two letter keys and back space in really rapid succession.

really rapid succession means almost all in the same frame I think

aight, new version is up with fixed:

• “sometimes I need to use backspace twice to get it to delete.”
  • “I feel I don’t need to hold down a key for very long”
  • “press two letter keys and back space in really rapid succession.”

not sure what you mean with “it seems like the cursor is one space after the last letter.” and concerning “…then it repeats itself incredibly fast.”: that is once per frame…could be throttled, but i’ll leave as is for now.

thanks for testing. still accepting more error reports…