New to vvvv

Hey guys
i just started to learn all those kind of things i like (resolume, vvvv)
and i already got some issue
i downloaded vvvv but it is not initializing. i just press run as administrator on setup.exe and nothing happening
when i run vvvv.exe it gives me error the program can’t start because d3dx9_38.dll is missing from your computer and the program can’t start because d3dx9_33.dll is missing from your computer
i have direct x 12 on my laptop and windows 10 system. what can be the problem? thanks

please see:

if setup.exe really doesn’t start for you then you’ll have to run it with the /log parameter as mentioned here:

and share the resulting file with us.

Have you run setup.exe and made sure all lights are green first?

I installed exactly as you say. But it still doesnt start.
Im new to programming and such kind of things and never have been using commandline before.
Tell me please step by step what to do if it possible
Commandline give me next:

C:\Users\enjoy satori>\Desktop\vvvv\vvvv_50alpha35.1_x64\logstartup
The system cannot find the path specified.

btw there is space in user name. it kind of impact?
Sorry guys i really want to teach this, can u please help me with my issue? Thanks!

Oh im okay now
Missing Visual C++ Runtime 2010 SP1 and Visual C++ Runtime 2015
Thanks for fast reply!

no problem…so you seem to have found the commandline already. navigate to the \vvvv_50alpha35.1_x64 directory again and then in the commandline type:

setup /log

which will run setup.exe with the /log parameter. you said setup.exe won’t open but still you should get a setup.log file that is now in that directory. please take that file and upload it here in the forum so we can probably see where setup fails to execute.

I would recommend that if you are new to vvvv, download the x86 version (which is counter-intuitive if everything else on your machine is x64), because then all the example files in girlpower will work. Personally, I find I learn a lot from looking at the supplied files and trying to figure them out by changing things in them.

I had downloaded the x64 version and quickly ran into a lot of nodes that did not work (red with no connecting lines) when I opened them. There is a list of them on the download page, but I did not pay close enough attention to it and well, let’s just say I could have avoided a lot of pain if I had.

“If you can’t be a good example, then you’ll just have to be a horrible warning.” ― Catherine Aird

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.