Multiple osc client

Hello guys, little question…

Still new to gamma (coming from beta)
How do I send an osc message to multiple ip adress or multiple port with the same Osc client…
In beta I can input a spread a of different adress ip …
Do I need a “for each” somewhere (ps: the “for each” is still difficult to grasp … when do I use it and what do I included in it)

Thanks you

Huh, interesting this is currently not supported out of the box. So you’re saying you want to send exactly the same OSC message to multiple IP/Ports? Would a udp broadcast be enough, ie. sending to multiple IPs using a broadcast address like 192.168.1.255?

Hello joreg,
yeap same message! Ok I see, not supported at all … or for now ? I could try the broadcast adress… never did …
But if I understand it’s for multiple ip … ok but if I want to send the same message on my own machine (local) onto different software… i need several port …
Thats too bad, its worked perfectly and easely with beta… I use this kind of configuration really often…
The only things for now, is to copy the all sets of nodes … thats not really clean

keep me in touch if gamma can do that in the future…

Thanks

ic. so to clarify, this is less a problem of vvvv gamma. there are all means available to realize this. only the VL.IO.OSC library doesn’t support this usage pattern out of the box yet. shouldn’t be too hard to implement though. i’ll report as i have something…

Thank you very much joreg :)

@Raphael latest 5.1 previews now include a new helppatch: HowTo Send OSC messages to multiple servers. hope this works as expected for you.

1 Like

Oh whaoo, that was quick!! :) thanks you !!