Multiple camera with Render groups and masks

Hello,

The stride documetation says :

With render groups and render masks, you can choose which parts of your scene are rendered by different cameras. For example, you can have a model be visible to Camera A but invisible to Camera B.

But SceneWindow takes only one camera, is it possible to create groups of entity with SetRenderGroup and have different camera for each group ?

I think this is possible, but you have to build SceneWindow yourself.
This type of settings are in graphics compositor, but i think Scene Window provides precomposed Graphics Compositor setup for you…

I would suggest to set that up in stride, and then to try to reflect setup from stride project…

Building a SceneWindow might be a little to hard for me now but thanks anyway.

I wish to make it dynamics so using Stride Editor isn’t possible in that case.

how do you intend to render the different cameras, different windows, different textures? here are a few help patches to look at:

• Render a scene multiple times
  • Select What to Render Using Render Groups
  • Render into Multiple Viewports

Well I thought I could render them in the same scene and same windows/texture but from different point of view.

in the end, the view and world matrices get combined into one. if you want a common transform for some entities, you can transform their group, that has the same effect as applying a different view matrix.

if you want to see the same objects multiple times on the screen, then you need to use viewports.

Well how they do that and i mean this:

It is a quote for using Graphics Compositor… And it is not that obvious how to set it up… I had some wonderful time excluding UI from post fx in stride :)…

In your case that would connect this:
To that:
But it needs exact setup you want to make it work, otherwise… It’s really hard to trial and error, unless you are exactly sure what you want to achieve.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.