Low fps with IDS

Hi

I just tried IDS cams but videoIn node was showing constantly much less stream capabilities than the actual hardware possibilities:

1_with 1225 it is possible to get 87fps and native software was proving it.
but out of VideoIn, it was just 25 or 45

2_With "property page " I couldn’t acccess to the inner control of the cam such as the shutter, just to gammas and gains… (after-porcessing)

Thanks!

have you tried the uEyeCam (Devices) plugin? with it you can adjust some more properties.

This one isnt’it?
It seems that.(It’s not for ethernet cam, just usb cam. I guess it’s the same)
What’s the “name of shared memory location”
Is it straightly related to IDS soft package? where will I find it?

I cannot try till monday.
Thanks a lot anyway!

you can set all parameters of the directShow driver from IDS via the registry.(regedit) it requires a bit of fiddeling with the values but it works. i managed to get my GiGE cams to run at 100 fps with the videoIn node.

check the path shown in the image.

for more questions you have to write IDS a mail, they gave me the hint. i can’t give you more detail as i don’t have access to my cams until august.

there was something about this in a manual…can’t find it, maybe something changed with v3.6. maybe its easier than you think and u can set the registry values with some app coming with 3.6

hope this helps…

ids_registry.png (1.1 kB)

Wow!
thanks u7angel.
it looks cryptical but hopeful… :)
i’ll rummage around regedit when I’ll have the cam.

thanks a lot!

and another hint, connect the videoin to a videotexture node instead of videoout. runs a lot faster…

aaaannd, set videoin node via inspector to reference clock NONE…makes things even better sometimes

good luck :)

anyway i have some ueye cameras from ids, and i always prefer to use the joreg node, it runs very well and it is very stable (and it works with the x64 systems too)

@quinque the node i mentioned comes with the addonpack which you can get via Downloads. that also includes a help-patch explaining the shared-memory-location pin.

i had to run big resolution cams on one machine at highest possible speed and it turned out that the plugin solution was too cpu hungry and it was hard to get just two cams out of 6. thats why i had to look into the whole directshow ids business.

using just one cam i’d probably use the plugin too

without going into much detail, but you can access the properties indirectly even without regedit.

1. use the demo tool to setup your binning or whatever. then save the configuration into an ini file or in a eeprom slot.

2. use amcap or any other tool that allows you to destroy the filtergraph and still access the property page of the cam (something that vvvv seems to lack).

3. if the filtergraph is destroyed you can now use those 3 (usually inactivated) buttons in the property page to load and save settings. load your ini or eeprom and save it to registry.

4. from now on, every application that uses the wdm stream will automatically adopt the advanced settings, because it is in the registry.

another useful thing to know: always install the 32bit wdm drivers (works on 64bit systems too), since 64bit drivers will not show up in vvvv.

Thanks a lot to all!
it worked perfectly with ueye.dll from addonpack
what a huge gap beetween webcam and ids… in image definition, and fps

I might not using it, cause not too much time to do the calibration for ARToolkit.

Thanks again!!

Hi

I just tried IDS cams but videoIn node was showing constantly much less stream capabilities than the actual hardware possibilities:

1_with 1225 it is possible to get 87fps and native software was proving it.
but out of VideoIn, it was just 25 or 45

2_With "property page " I couldn’t acccess to the inner control of the cam such as the shutter, just to gammas and gains… (after-porcessing)

Thanks!

@velcrome:
just a question, i’m trying to use a ueyecam with the wdm driver (using 32bit drivers for a 64bit system). nut i have some problems, and it dosent work. can you halp me indicating a procedure? what is the drivers to install?
what i need is to have in the videoin the ueyecam

thx

actually, i didnt have luck on a 64bit system either. better use a 32bit xp …that’s definetely gonna work.

there is no way to run it on xp64.

as for vista and win7, it did work a little (within vvvv only with the 32bit drivers), but we have it running only on xp 32 right now.