Irrecoverable Loss of Hand-tracking with Vive Focus 3, VIVE Business Streaming, SteamVR

Hello! Having an issue using Vive Focus 3 hand tracking with the Stride VR library. The issue is that the VF3’s VIVE Business Streaming software passes through SteamVR, and whenever a hand’s tracking is lost, SteamVR reports a controller as disconnected. When this occurs, the hand/controller won’t update its position/orientation/inputs in VVVV’s TouchController node even if the Vive Focus 3 re-establishes hand-tracking and the respective controller shows up again as “connected” to SteamVR. So, essentially, the effect is that as soon as a hand loses tracking, I can no longer access that hand’s input in VVVV.

I don’t know how to handle the controller disconnect in VVVV because the TouchController still reports a State of “Valid”, and I can’t figure out a way to get VVVV to recognize the hands again. I’ve tried calling Dispose on the VRDevice, or disabling and re-enabling the VRRendererSettings, but these things haven’t resolved the issue. The only way to fix it is to kill the VVVV application, SteamVR, and Vive Business Streaming, and run them again.

Would be very grateful if anyone has any advice! Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.