Instance Noodles

One Sentence: Whats happening in your workshop?
We’ll cover the ins and outs of patching with the Instance Noodles pack; an introduction, a tour (a couple hundred nodes last count) and some new tips and tricks.
What 3 tags describe your workshop?
GPU Patching, Geometry Shader, Compute Shader
In which of the three categories does your workshop fall: beginner, intermediate, advanced
intermediate
How long will your workshop be?
(Standard formats are 3h or 2x 3h, but other formats may be possible)
3h
Who is the target audience of your workshop?
Anyone that wishes all of their patching would be GPU accelerated.
What knowledge do you presume your participants have?
Some basic knowledge of vvvv and DX11 would be helpful. Later in the workshop we may touch on a bit of shader code but knowing HLSL is not a prerequisite
What will attendees of your workshop learn?

• How to access the power of geometry and compute shaders without having to open a code editor and why this might be useful even if you do write shader code
  • How to create and modify geometry on the GPU through patching
  • Some real world examples of patching on the GPU with compute chains to solve all of our problems (at least some of them)
  • How to make new nodes

What technical requirements does your workshop have (apart from internet and a projector)?
e.g. special hardware, software, graphiccards, materials, dancers/performers
Computer with Windows and a GPU that supports DX11/Shader Model 5
Who would be the two hosts?
Kyle McLean (everyoneishappy) & Mangosh Pruiner (evvvvil)
How would the hosts qualify for the topic? (Describe and add links to portfolio website, github, vimeo,… accounts)

Kyle http://everyoneishappy.com
Kyle never finished high school. He’s quite good at explaining things. He spent 10 years working as a circus performer.
Mangosh https://vimeo.com/evvvvil
If Mangosh ever sends me his bio I’ll post it here. I’m pretty sure it will be more inappropriate then mine.

24 Likes